Youth Enterprise Development Fund Program 2011
The Fund provides financial support and business development services to enterprises owned by Kenyans aged between 18 and 35 years.
In its five years of operation the Fund has financed over 130,000 youth enterprises across the country and supported thousands others through its business development services.
The Fund now seeks applications from Kenyans wishing to join a dynamic team that is driving this key project of Vision 2030.
Product & Business Development Officer
Reporting to the Lending and Investment Manager, the Product and Business Development Officer will be responsible for developing strong, vibrant and attractive products and business channels to ensure that the Fund achieves its objectives, mission and vision.
Core duties and responsibilities
- Continuously expanding the YEDF product base by indentifying, researching on and designing new and relevant products of interest to the youth
- Concept development of new and innovative products for young entrepreneurs.
- Advising the management on the roll out of new products.
- Continuous review and evaluation of existing products with the view of improvement
- Identifying, recommending and appraisal of new business support channels for the youth.
- Generation of ideas and processing customer feedback as an aid to product and process improvement
- Proactively and continuously review the business/operational channels of the Fund, to ensure successful roll out of current and new products.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in business or Social Sciences.
- Professional Qualification in business related disciplines
- Knowledge and experience in enterprise development, preferably in the SME sector credit products development, franchising, value chain financing and subcontracting will be an added advantage.
- At least four years experience in working with the small entrepreneurs and youth in business will be an added advantage.
Reporting to Chief Executive Officer the Procurement Officer will be responsible for ensuring efficient and effective procurement of goods, services and works.
Core duties and responsibilities
- Prepare documentation, undertake tender exercises and arrange for formal execution of contracts to enable the fund obtain goods, services and works,
- Coordinate the receiving, opening and evaluation of tenders, proposals, quotations
- Issue procurement and disposal documents to suppliers in accordance with the law and regulations
- Maintain effective liaison with the legal department in respect of contract issues, ensuring that documents are legally vetted
- Co-ordinate the formal vetting of prospective tenderers to determine their suitability for trading.
- Undertake negotiation with suppliers to resolve disputes, arrange contract variations and enforce contractual obligations.
- Monitor designated Fund contracts to provide effective support to customers during the implementation, review and renewal of such contracts
- To be familiar with supply markets and routinely undertake supply market research and analysis to ensure that the commercial risk to the Fund is minimized, and commercial opportunities are identified.
- Maintain and update annually standing lists of pre-qualified suppliers
- Offer advisory services to user departments for effective and efficient implementation of the procurement plans.
- Maintain proper procurement records (purchase returns) i.e. for submission to the PPOA.
- Raise LPOs and ISO’s and conduct periodic and annual stock taking.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and delivery of the annual Departmental service plan, key performance indicators, and the Fund’s procurement strategy.
The candidate must have a Bachelors Degree in Procurement (Supply Chain management/
purchasing and supplies management), Business, commerce, economics or equivalent from
a recognized university.
Possession of Masters Degree will be an added advantage.
At least six (6) years relevant work experience preferably in a public sector institution
Professional qualification in purchasing & supply
Membership to the chartered Institute of procurement and supplies (CIPS) or the Kenya Institute of supplies Management (KISM) or any other relevant professional body.
Must be familiar with Public Procurement and Disposal Act.
Information Communication & Technology Officer
Reporting to Finance and Administration manager, Youth Fund Information Communication & Technology, Officer shall:
- Develop and implement the Fund’s ICT policy and procedures
- Design and manage the local Area Network (LAN) and set up a database of centralized file/ records management.
- Design, develop and updating the Fund’s websites, install & configure operating systems, software, hardware and provide technical support to users
- Be in charge of ICT at the Fund, including coordinating, monitoring and evaluating the ICT needs of the Fund.
- Data analysis, information review and analysis of policies, procedures and systems of the vision 2030 and MTP
- Provide user support for the Fund’s staff on matters involving ICT.
- Bachelors Degree in an ICT related field (computer science, computer Technology or Information Technology, Mathematics with programming bias) from a recognized institution.
- A masters Degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage ):
- Six (6) years relevant work experience in ICT network (LAN/WAN).
- Knowledge of content management systems
- Must have working knowledge of all windows platforms for both PC’s and Laptops and servers
- Must have experience utilizing database platforms including windows 2008 server
- Must possess experience in Implementing database, stored procedures, partitioning, and data rollups.
- Must have experience with database security, maintenance, disaster recovery, migration, and replication.
- Experience in working with Microsoft Navision platform.
- Must possess sound technical problem solving skills for both hardware and software.
Reporting to C.E.O, the Executive Secretary will provide high level, confidential administrative support to the C.E.O and management through conducting and organizing administrative duties and activities including receiving and handling information.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manage the C.E.O ‘s schedule and workload and ensure that he is adequately prepared for meetings.
- Brief the C.E.O on his daily schedule , prepare meeting agenda and provide background information to the C.E.O.
- In consultation with the procurement officer, arrange travel logistics which may include hotel bookings, car rental, flights, preparing complex travel itineraries and provide needed background information to the C.E.O before departure
- Answering phone calls, faxing, mailing, photocopying, handle incoming mail and other confidential-documents, set up and maintain filing systems
- Prepare and manage correspondence, reports and documents and coordinate the flow of information both internally and externally, liaison with internal and external contacts
- Arrange and confirm appointments, maintain schedules and calenders.
- Take, type and distribute minutes of meetings, communicate verbally and in writing to answer inquiries.
- Preparing presentations-preparing papers for meetings,- managing and reviewing filing and office systems.
- Liaise with the senior managers to follow up on implementation of issues emanating from both the Board and senior management meetings.
- The candidate must have a Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Diploma/Certificate in secretarial studies will be an added advantage.
- At least six (6) years relevant work experience either in public/private sector institutions
- Knowledge and experience of relevant software applications – spreadsheets, word processing, and database management.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
These positions call for people with good interpersonal and communication skills, self driven and able to work with minimum supervision.
Qualified and interested candidates should submit their application letters with C.V’s and names of three professional referees to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Youth Enterprise development Fund Board
P.O Box 48610-00100
Clearly indicating the title and reference of the position applied for on the envelope.
The application should reach us not later than 4.00 pm on 28th October 2011.
Youth Enterprise Development Fund is an equal opportunity employer.
Potential male and female candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
20 total views, 1 today