www.Google.co.ke Recruitment 2011: Technical & Engineering Position
www.Google.co.ke Recruitment 2011
Google’s engineering teams exhibit high energy, deep technical skills and a drive to get things done. Our Engineering Managers need to be technical leaders and motivators who are comfortable leading these teams in a high-pressure, dynamic – and global – environment. Jobs are broadly defined and interact with Product Management, Sales and other groups at Google.
The role: Technical Program Manager, GASP
Technical Program Managers are the core of managing Google’s continued growth. As one of the first Technical Program Managers on our Google Apps Supporting Programs (GASP) team based in Africa, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact. You will be contributing to the development of university and other large community network infrastructures with a view to increasing overall Internet accessibility and Google product adoption.
You have a strong operations and infrastructure engineering background ideally working on campus infrastructure and will have gained strong project management skills. You have great judgement in evaluating the cost and effort for infrastructure challenges, training rollout and project deployment models. You will have remained hands-on throughout your career and enjoy contributing your System Administrator or Network Engineer skills when necessary.
You will be responsible for driving the progress of various initiatives focused on network infrastructure and product adoption in universities. Typically you will establish and develop relationships, define core areas for collaboration that enhance university technical infrastructure services, skills and continually measure impact. Your responsibilities will span multiple universities in many countries. You will be expected to travel frequently within Africa and occasionally to our offices in Zurich and California.
- Manage technical projects or programs, working closely with external partners, Google engineers and technical as well as non-technical staff to design and launch infrastructure projects as well as training programs.
- Gather requirements and define the scope of the project. Find resources, manage resource allocation for projects. Develop a plan and schedule, with well-defined milestones.
- Manage communication of progress/status within the core team and external to the team (customers, partners, etc); escalate issues as necessary.
- BS/MS in Engineering, technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- Experience managing large-scale technical projects for the complete life cycle, with competing resources and priorities.
- Experience as System or Network Administrator in a campus or large enterprise environment strongly preferred.
- Experience working in one or more of the following countries: Kenya, Uganda, South Africa, Senegal, Ghana, Nigeria.
- Strong communication skills and a data-driven analytical approach towards solving complex challenges.
- Ability to interact with diverse technical and non-technical groups, spanning all organizational levels.
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
60 total views, 3 today