WRAP Recruits Legal Officer In Nairobi
WRAP is urgently looking for a Legal Officer and is inviting applications from qualified candidates.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Handling all legal work on behalf of the organization.
- Running the legal aid project and supervising other related projects.
- Engaging in research into children and women’s rights.
- Providing legal and sound advice to individual WRAP clients and community groups as well as counseling clients on legal matters.
- Effective representation of clients in courts of law, tribunals and other legal forums
- Representing WRAP at workshops meetings and seminars.
- Facilitating community awareness and sensitization on human rights i.e. Legal aid clinics
- Any other tasks that may be assigned.
- A Bachelor of Laws Degree and must be an ADVOCATE of the High Court of Kenya with a current practicing certificate with a minimum of 2 (two) years in actual practice in a busy law firm.
- Thorough knowledge of the provisions of the children’s Act, UNCRC and ACRWC and other National and international instruments on laws protecting children and women.
- Must have a passion, commitment and understanding on children and women’s rights.
- Must demonstrate skills in arbitration, alternative dispute resolution
- At least 3 (three) years experience in civil and criminal litigation in a human rights organization or busy law firm.
- Very good research writing and presentation skills.
- Demonstrate ability in the use of PC based software including Microsoft office suite, word, excel, power point, SPSS and outlook.
- Good oral and written skills in both English and Swahili.
- Good Communication, interpersonal and people management skills.
- Good organizational and analytical, management and supervisory skills.
- Honest, transparent and a high level of integrity.
- Ability to work under pressure, for long hours and to meet deadlines.
- Age between 28 and 35 years of age.
- Previous experience in an NGO setting will be an added advantage.
Women’s Rights Awareness Programme (WRAP)
P.O. Box 3006-00200
Email address: [email protected]
Closing date for applications: 26th November 2012
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
90 total views, 1 today