World Vision Recruits Director Job in Kenya
East Africa Region Office
Use your experience in humanitarian development work, funding acquisitions and grant management to be part of a leading organisation dedicated to improving the lives of children living in poverty.
World Vision (WV) is a global network of people committed to enhance the well-being of children everywhere by empowering families and communities to overcome the challenges of poverty and injustice.
The Secure the Future Director will lead the East Africa Secure the Future (STF) work at the regional level; positioning STF internally and externally; consolidating and improving the STF framework and road map; ensuring connection, understanding and engagement around STF with regional donors, as well as senior levels within all key Support Offices.
- Lead Secure the Future work at the regional level and be the key contact on STF matters.
- Develop monthly updates with National Offices (NOs), and monthly update calls with Support Offices (SOs) to monitor and ensure progress.
- Work with the Regional Leader, Senior Director of Operations to arrange meeting with the stakeholders of STF at a regional level, including NGOs (Oxfam, Save, others) and UN (WFP, FAO etc) to build and maintain momentum on the STF agenda.
- Ensure the framework is disseminated and understood by all key stakeholders.
Required Skills Include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in International Development, International Relations, Rural Development or any related field. Master’s Degree in Development, Social Science, Management or other field applicable to developing country context preferred
- Experienced networker with an ability to maintain a good up to date knowledge of the grant opportunities and trends in the humanitarian sector
- Demonstrated track record in proposal development, funding acquisitions and grant management for major government donors preferred
Will you use your experience in development work and funding acquisitions to further “life in all its fullness” for children?
For specific details regarding the position, visit our website:www.wvi.org and apply online by the closing date 16 Nov 2012.
World Vision is an equal opportunity employer
46 total views, 1 today