World Vision Recruits Agronomist in South Sudan
World Vision South Sudan
Use your experience in food security and livelihoods, operational planning, time scheduling and creative problem solutions to be part of a leading organisation dedicated to improving the lives of children living in poverty.
World Vision (WV) is a global network of people committed to enhance the well-being of children everywhere by empowering families and communities to overcome the challenges of poverty and injustice.
The Agronomist-WV South Sudan will offer strategic leadership and management capabilities to Food Security–Agricultural production and advise management on strategically critical areas to be noted for programming benefits and avoidance of obstacles.
With a proven track record in a fast paced, complex and ideally global organisation, you will have a desire, motivated by your Christian faith, to help others and model ethics in line with the Christian foundations and ethos of the organisation.
- Envision, Plan and actualize programs that will enhance Food Security and Livelihoods in Upper Nile in collaboration with stake holders through increasing acreages cultivated at house hold level, increasing yields per acre through use on better agronomic, skills transfer and use of superior Genotypes and phenotypes.
- Work with the sector lead, Upper Nile team and Government officials to prioritize crop production and other food security strategies in the region.
- Offer leadership in the implementation of the sector activities by ensuring that the program inputs are available in the right quality, quantity on time and in usable condition.
- Report immediately any potential dangers in the community and taking immediate action including but not limited to cessation of activities, calling the office and liaising with both government and community groups to diffuse a dangerous situation and to remove the staff and assets from within the toxic environment.
Required Skills Include:
- A first Degree in Agronomy or Soil Science and an Advanced degree in Agronomy are required.
- Must have at least five years’ work experience of which two must have been in Agriculture, Food Security and livelihoods programming in the None Profit Sector.
- Knowledge of Agriculture Research including adaptive research trials is an advantage.
- Fluency in English in both written and spoken forms is a must
- Should have an in-depth understanding of Food security and livelihoods, operational planning, time scheduling and creative problem solution.
- Excellence in public relations, conflict resolution, interpersonal relationship initiation development and management is a pre-requisite.
Will you use your experience in Agriculture, Food Security and livelihoods programming to further “life in all its fullness” for children?
For specific details regarding the position, visit our website: www.wvi.org and apply online by the closing date 21 Nov 2012.
World Vision is an equal opportunity employer.
48 total views, 1 today