World Agroforestry Centre: Assistant Operations Manager
As part of the Centre’s work to bring tree-based solutions to bear on poverty and environmental problems, researchers – working in close collaboration with partners – are developing new technologies, tools and policy recommendations for increased food security and ecosystem health.
- Develop and implement the annual Centre Plant and Equipment maintenance and development plans together with the associated budgets.
- Manage outsourced service contracts including Service Level Agreements related to: – Janitorial, Landscaping, UPS, Generator, Electric Fence, Garbage, Vermin and Termite control and Fire and Alarms.
- Closely supervise and manage the Centre’s maintenance team and civil works contractors, to ensure that a high quality status of the Centre’s facilities is fully achieved and maintained at all times.
- Work closely with the Head of Operations and the Procurement Unit to procure facility maintenance/enhancement related goods and services which conform to prevailing industry best practices and competitiveness.
- Implement and monitor against the Centre’s annual maintenance plans a contractor performance database with detailed key contract attributes such as scope of services, monthly assessment cycles and outputs.
- Manage the Units electronic helpdesk to effectively and efficiently address Centre client’s maintenance related requests.
- As the Secretary to the Health and Safety Committee, work closely with the Head of Operations, the Security Manager and other units in identifying and addressing OH&S issues.
- Together with the other members of the Occupational Health and Safety committee develop, implement and monitor the OH&S annual work plan for the Centre.
- Produce the monthly facility management and the quarterly OH&S reports’.
- Work closely with the Finance Services Unit to ensure full chargebacks for office and lab space utilization.
- Work closely with the Assets Manager, the Procurement Unit and the Unit’s Administrative Assistant to ensure that an up to date Centre Asset Register is maintained.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- A degree in Civil Engineering or its equivalent.
- Five (5) years progressive experience in coordinating construction projects. Experience in facilities management and operational logistics in an international research organization will be an added advantage.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills;
- Ability to coordinate, prioritize, and organize workload.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English;
- Excellent computer knowledge of Microsoft Office
- A cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position, and your salary expectations.
- A detailed and up-to-date curriculum vitae.
- The names and addresses of three referees, including telephone numbers and email addresses, and fax details, if available.
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
296 total views, 2 today