Web Developer Internship Career in Kenya
This position involves leading custom web development throughout the entire project life cycle. You will experience the freedom of building custom web sites using your own leadership and programming skills.
The right individual for this role will be a motivated and energetic developer who takes initiative, enjoys finding solutions to a varying number of challenges, is detail-oriented, and takes extreme pride in their work.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Description: Job Outputs / Responsibilities
- Creation of site layout/user interface from provided design concepts by using standard HTML/CSS practices.
- Placement and layout of web site pages given client provided content.
- Development of robust and user-friendly PHP based web applications.
- Design and creation of relational database schemas.
- SQL Server development.
- Application/Framework design as needed.
- Specifications/Requirements gathering as needed.
- Routine daily maintenance of existing sites and applications.
- Assist in gathering requirements and project specifications
- Attend project kickoff meetings with clients.
- Take ownership of daily project needs and communications.
- Communicate project status and deliverables with managers and clients.
- Record time daily.
- Design, create and program SQL Server databases per project needs.
- PHP development per project needs.
- Manage project tasks, timelines, and communication.
- Perform routine site maintenance as needed.
- Other tasks as needed for successful project completion.
- Candidates should have proven PHP experience as well as a solid understanding of Object Oriented Design and Programming.
- A solid understanding of web application development processes, from the layout/user interface to relational database structures.
- Understanding the benefits of SEO and the development skills to support SEO are a plus.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Ability to communicate directly with peers, managers, and clients while leading development to a completed and successful solution.
- Strong organization skills to manage multiple timelines and complete tasks quickly within the constraints of timelines.
- Ability to grow professionally in a highly flexible and fast-moving environment.
- Awareness and pride in 100% client satisfaction.
Deadline for applications is 27th September 2012.
Should you not hear from us within 1 month of the closing date, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful.
33 total views, 2 today