Water Engineering Foreman Job Vacancy in Kakuma Kenya – 2011
Water Engineering Foreman Jobs in Kakuma Kenya – Lutheran World Federation
Lutheran World Federation / Department for World Service Kenya Program is seeking to recruit a Kenyan national for the following position, to be based in Kakuma Office.
- Facilitate effective supervision of skilled and semi-skilled workers engaged in construction, installation of water mains, valves, metres, chambers, thrust blocks, service connections and related accessories.
- Examine blueprints to assess dimensions of structures, and lay out works using approved equipment.
- Determine sequence of activities concerned with fabrication, assembly, and erection of water supply structures
- Inspect work performed by specialist tradesmen, including pipe installations, steel elevated tanks, water treatment units, to ensure conformance with specifications
- Install pipes, storage tanks, water metres and similar fixtures.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with subordinates and other employees
- Follow an agreed programme of works and provide early warning of any deviations and delays due to events beyond control.
- Account for all materials and justify expenditure on wages on a weekly basis
- Ensuring the safety of skilled and unskilled labour during construction phase
- Ensuring materials delivered to sites are kept in safe custody and properly utilized
- Ensuring that environmental aspect of project sites are well incorporated during construction.
- Develop weekly, monthly and quarterly reports on project implementation and document and disseminate best practices and lesions learnt during implementation.
- Degree or Diploma in Civil, water Engineering or equivalent from a recognized institution plus five years experience.
- Considerable knowledge of the materials, techniques and equipment used in the construction, maintenance, repair, testing and adjusting of potable water and reclaimed water Supply system
- Familiar with principles of big projects plumbing and water hydraulics
- Skilled in special pipe laying, Steel tanks installations and other tools and equipment utilized in the work
- A strong team player and adept at creating a strong team spirit.
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently in the field
- Ability to work with culturally diverse groups of people
- Ability to travel and work in difficult conditions and under pressure
LWF/DWS is an equal opportunity employer, irrespective of gender, race or religious affiliation.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
LWF/DWS is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for humanitarian agencies.
Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect the organization’s commitment to the prevention of abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries.
Applications and detailed CV must include email address and telephone contacts of 3 referees, one of whom must be your supervisor in your current/former employment.
They should reach the undersigned by close of business on 27th April, 2011:
Human Resource Officer,
P.O Box 48 Kakuma
Or e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For more details, visit our website www.lwf-kenya.org
- water engineering jobs in kenya
- foreman jobs in the drc
- foreman tanks piping vacancy in nigeria
- kenyan water jobs
- latest water job vacancy in kenya
- water engineering in kakuma
- WATER ENGINEERS JOB IN KENYA
- water treatment engineer jobs kenya
69 total views, 2 today