WASH Officer Job in Kenya – Adeso
At Adeso, we work with African communities who are yet to realize their full potential; working inside these communities to create environments in which Africans can thrive.
For the past 20 years we have strengthened rural livelihoods through environmental awareness, training, technology transfer and innovative humanitarian projects in pursuit of a peaceful, self-reliant, and greener future. Currently, Adeso has programs in Somalia, Kenya and South Sudan.
Based in North Eastern Kenya, the WASH Officer will be a full-time member of the Adeso team and will play a crucial role in the CARES/SDC-WFL projects in the region. The Wash Officer will report to the Project Engineer
- Monitor cash for work activities
- Oversees all WASH Activities within Habaswein Regions
- Conduct assessments of the proposed sites, analyzing labour requirement, costs and timeframe
- Assist in the design, construction and rehabilitation of water and sanitation facilities ensuring that the constructions are of the highest quality and as per original design.
- Prepare BOQs and monitor contractors undertaking WASH hardware construction.
- Assist in the monitoring of cash for work activities.
- Collect data and provide updated information on financial and administrative status of WASH activities of the project for analysis and report purposes.
- Assist and manage project expenditures, ensure budget is strictly adhered to, financial procedures are respected and all supporting documentations are sent to Garissa as per required schedule.
- Assist in conducting a thorough assessment of the proposed sites, analyzing Labour requirements, costs, and timeframes, and taking into consideration the successes and constraints of new/rehabilitated water infrastructure at all sites.
- Assist in monitoring of water quality through continual testing and undertaking activities to address poor quality, including public health initiatives.
- Liaise directly with communities, elders and local authorities, as well as other agencies operational in N.E Kenya regularly to ensure coordination and effective implementation of activities.
- Assist in the development of training materials and conduct trainings related to Water & Sanitation as needed for the project.
- Draft Monthly, Quarterly and Annual project progress reports and submit to the Project Engineer on the progress of activities and challenges faced.
- Any other duties as required.
- University degree in environmental, water and sanitation engineering, or related science qualification.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant WASH experience in NGO or UN agencies national level is required.
- Strong project management experience is essential
- Specific experience in water and sanitation projects and/or hygiene desirable
- Ability to multi-task and effectively handle stressful situations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (fluency in both English and Swahili required Somali will be an added advantage).
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with a team.
- Proficiency in computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, AutoCAD or any other design software, etc.
- Ability to live and work in an isolated area in conditions of limited comfort
This is a challenging opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated professional.
- An updated CV; and
- An application letter which should include remuneration requirements and contact information for three work-related referees.
39 total views, 1 today