Veterinary Officer Careers in Western Kenya
Reporting to the Country Manager, who is based in Nairobi, you will be responsible for establishing a project base in Western Kenya and managing the work in that area.
To be responsible for developing our donkey welfare work in Western Kenya in line with Donkey Sanctuary Kenya strategy which combines veterinary work, education and training, and community partnership; and for managing and administering this new sub-office, including budgetary control.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure care and welfare of the donkeys is improved in accordance with the aims and objectives of The Donkey Sanctuary Kenya and it’s code of practice;
- Responsibility for managing and administering project funds including the preparation of monthly financial reports for the Country Manager, and Finance/ Admin officer in Nairobi.
- Ensure all activities are carried out in line with approved and agreed country strategy and work plans;
- Explore and develop relations and potential collaboration with individuals and organisations (including community groups, government and non-governmental organisations);
- Explore possibilities for sustainability mechanisms;
- Manage and develop team and establish clear lines of communication throughout the project;
- Ensure team work plans and key performance indicators are linked to the organisation’s objectives;
- Ensure efficient and cost effective operation of all activities and effective management of all assets; and
- Document all programme activities and report progress and impact through monthly progress reports to Country Manager.
- Degree in veterinary medicine;
- Three years experience in veterinary work following graduation;
- Excellent written and spoken Kiswahili;
- Good written and spoken English;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages; and
- Current valid driving license.
- Experience in community based development interventions;
- Experience in education/extension and practical training;
- Experience of managing a team;
- Experience in office administration;
- Ability to prepare and manage a budget;
- Experience in community outreach, networking and collaboration; and
- Experience of working for an animal welfare organisation.
- Ability to present a positive, professional image of the organisation at all times.
Applications together with a detailed CV indicating the current and expected salary, and names and addresses of three professional referees plus their day time contacts should be sent to email@example.com to be received not later than 25th November, 2011.
Do NOT send certificates or any other attachments at this stage.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
33 total views, 2 today