VECO East Africa Regional Sustainable Agriculture Chain Development and Advocacy Coordinator Job Vacancy 2011
VECO East Africa Regional Sustainable Agriculture Chain Development (SACD) and Advocacy Coordinator Job Vacancy
We choose family farmers as the starting point in the implementation of our ambition. Income from sustainable agriculture is a key element in livelihood improvement. We contribute to their empowerment to improve their position in the whole agricultural chain, from production to consumption.
We are recruiting for our regional office in Kampala Uganda
Position of: Regional Sustainable Agriculture Chain Development (SACD) and Advocacy Coordinator
- Promote and ensure a better position of organized family farmers in sustainable agricultural chains in the region in order to improve their incomes and food sovereignty
- Promote the advocacy processes of the regional programme to improve the position of organized family farmers in Selected chains
- Ensure effective functioning of Planning, Learning and Accountability (PLA) system) and support processes
Position: Senior program coordination level
Location: Based in Kampala to support the regional program
Job size: 100 % of full-time
Travels: Extensive travelling is required in the Region.
- Ensure the development and implementation of appropriate policies and strategies (including fundraising files) on SACD in the region that enhance regional cohesion, intra regional trade with a clear link to strategic regional and country agricultural chains while mainstreaming cross cutting issues (gender, sustainability and participation).
- Support Sustainable Agriculture Chain Development / Credit / Business Organisational Development by staff and partner staff in the region through advice, training and accompaniment to implement SACD in the region (chain selection, chain analyses, Business Intervention Plans (BIP): Credit Facilitation (strategy development to access finances)
- Stimulate functional linkages between partners within the region with appropriate chain actors and service providers such as financial institutions and business sector to stimulate investment in SACD.
- Ensure the development and implementation of appropriate policies and strategies on advocacy.
- Stimulate and provide support to the advocacy activities of farmer organisations, networks and alliances at regional level.
- Provide content and training on advocacy to field antennas and partners in the region
- Coordinate the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of an effective Planning Learning & Accountability system in the region
- Coordinate documentation, reporting and communication of all processes in SACD and Advocacy integrating cross cutting issues. Facilitate scaling up of innovative processes and outcomes by other major actors.
Qualifications and technical knowledge
- Academic degree in Agricultural Economics, Agri-Business, Finance and related agricultural policy Development or other relevant subject with a focus on chain development and policy advocacy
- Familiar with relevant Computer software.
- high level of proficiency in English
- Knowledge of Swahili language is necessary and important.
- 5 years experience with SACD development, marketing advice, agricultural economic policies and supporting farmers organisations.
- Experience with facilitating credit and agricultural financing for small family farmers is an added advantage
- Experience in facilitating lobby and advocacy
- Experience in facilitating participatory learning, monitoring and evaluation
- Experience of living and working in East Africa
- A good knowledge of the region (Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania) and regional trade dynamics
Send your motivation letter, CV, your salary expectation & availability date to
The Regional Representative,
VECO East Africa Regional Office,
Plot 57, Kanjokya Street
P.O. Box 7844 Kampala Uganda,
or mail it to email@example.com, before 13th May 2011
51 total views, 1 today