Safaricom Limited is the leading mobile telecommunications company in Kenya.
We are at the forefront of the industry and also constantly seek to draw in as well as retain gifted, cutting-edge as well as creative team members who are excited by the chance of pushing the frontiers of this advancing innovation, expanding our solutions, amazing our clients and contributing to our neighborhood.
At Safaricom, we take pride in our talent and develop them to realize their maximum potential!
Senior Engineer – RAN Configuration & Support
Ref: TECHNOLOGY_SERCS__DEC _2012
Reporting to the Senior Manager: Configuration & Support, the position holder will be responsible for
· Providing long term RAN system configuration and support;
· On callout for 24 hours daily;
· Providing 2nd line support to RAN system faults escalated from first line maintenance;
· Interface with the supplier of the RAN equipment and follow up on escalated problem;
· RAN subsystem upgrades and major network configuration changes;
· Develop tools for automation and speed up the support processes
The job holder’s key responsibilities will be to:
· Ensuring RAN systems (GSM, UMTS) and NEs continuously perform within or exceed KPIs;
· Ensuring RAN systems and operational availability to support customer traffic;
· Resolution of faults escalated from 1st Line maintenance teams within SLAs;
· Ensuring all newly integrated RAN equipment follow & adhere to the laid down acceptance criteria;
· Perform configuration changes on RAN Network elements & S/W upgrades to meet network KPIs;
· Analyze network KPIs, logs and warnings and initiate corrective measures to resolve complaints and faults.
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills & competencies:
· 3 years working experience in Telecommunications with at least 2 years’ experience in a GSM (RAN) Environment;
· Relevant Huawei training and experience will be an added advantage;
· Good understanding of 2G and 3G telecom networks i.e. elements, protocols, services, configuration etc.;
· Good understanding of Software Upgrades, First Node Implementation, Feature?Activations;
· Experience in IuB over IP and HSDPA offload will be an added advantage;
· Good working practical knowledge & understanding of RAN;
· Good working knowledge of UNIX, Linux, Windows, Oracle and SQL based database systems;
· Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools;
· Analytical & problem solving skills when handling faults;
· Must be able to work without supervision & meet tight deadlines/schedules;
· Presentation skills required occasionally when initiating the use of new procedures & long-term Network fault solutions;
· Proactive & self-motivated;
· Good public relations, communication & interpersonal skills when coordinating with contractor /other departments & suppliers;
M-PESA Product Development Manager
Reporting to the Senior Manager – M-PESA Product Development and, the job holder support the development of products/enhancements through the approved processes and provide support for projects to ensure that project deliverable are met on time and within budget.
The job holder’s key responsibilities will be to:
· Active support and contribution to the Vodafone Roadmap in order to drive collaboration between Safaricom and Vodafone;
· Follow up on implementation of roadmap items with Vodafone;
· Identification of new opportunities for system improvements, documentation of the same and final delivery;
· Tracking of agreed Vodafone delivery to ensure timelines are met as planned;
· Project Manage the delivery of new functionality and system enhancements to the market, including requirement specification, testing, documentation of processes & procedures;
· Pilot of functionality where required;
· End to Ends tests for all products in development stage and post launch initiatives;
· Identify & implement local changes for process improvement, in liaison with internal stakeholders from technical and other departments;
· Provide Product Support to Customer Care, Operations, Finance and other internal Sections on functionality issues;
· Work with the external and internal technical teams to ensure efficient resolution of all system issues
· Proactively research & investigate functionality suitable for the local market and discuss with key stakeholders to obtain buy-in;
· Provide weekly progress reports, project reports & management performance report for Safaricom management.
· Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field -Technical field;
· At least 3-4 years in project management with experience in ICT project management;
· Project management certification from a recognized body will be an added advantage;
· Good understanding of the mobile technology and mobile money trends across the world.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills coupled with good listening and critical reasoning;
· Proactive, confident, energetic with the ability to work under pressure, to tight schedules/deadlines and monitor and follow up on all actions taken;
· A highly motivated person with a positive attitude towards work, innovative, creative, results oriented with excellent analytical skills;
· A proven team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
If you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your resume and application letter indicating why you are the most suitable candidate for the role clearly quoting the job title and Ref No to the address below by Wednesday the 12th Dec 2012.
Senior Manager-Talent Acquisition,
Via email to: email@example.com
110 total views, 1 today