Team Leader, Forestry
/Community Based Natural Resources Management, Nairobi, Kenya
Closing date: 05 Jan 2013
Management Systems International (MSI) is a global international development firm based in Washington, D.C. providing specialized short- and long-term technical assistance.
MSI is part of Coffey International Development, a global international development consulting firm.
Together with Coffey ID, MSI now has more than 1,500 development professionals worldwide, a corporate presence in 11 countries and manages more than 200 projects worldwide.
It currently manages more than 20 long-term projects in countries, including Iraq, Sudan, Colombia and Russia.
Broadly, MSI implements a range of analytical and field projects in its core technical areas, including democracy and governance, strategic management and performance improvement, organizational capacity building, human development and natural resource management.
For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
USAID/Kenya’s Agriculture, Business and Environment Office (ABEO) intends to undertake a performance evaluation of its cooperative agreement (CA) to Institute for Environmental Innovation (I4EI) – and its sub-agreement holder Catholic Relief Services (CRS) – to work in a Global Development Alliance with its private sector partner, Clean Air Action Corporation (CAAC).
Although the project is beyond its chronological midpoint, the evaluation is intended as a “mid-term” performance evaluation.
MSI is seeking a Team Leader consultant to have overall responsibility for the evaluation, and measure and document the achievements and areas of underperformance to improve implementation for the balance of the program.
Overall, the Evaluation Team will examine the model introduced through this project to cull any lessons learned to share with the broader development and business communities.
Thus, this may be considered both a formative evaluation (to influence design and implementation) and management evaluation (to influence future programming).
The position is expected to begin in January and the assignment is lasting approximately 1 month.
- Oversee evaluation implementation and delivery of quality and timely work products and deliverables;
- Establish roles, responsibilities, and tasks of team members;
- Facilitate all necessary small-group USAID/Kenya Wildlife Services (KWS) meetings in Kenya;
- Ensure that the logistics arrangements in the field are complete;
- Ensure timely production of deliverables and coordinate the process of assembling individual inputs for the team report and finalizing the report;
- Consolidate the findings of the team; prepare and lead the oral presentation of key findings, conclusions, and recommendations to USAID/Kenya, KWS, and any other stakeholders identified by USAID and KWS as being relevant;
- Responsible for producing the draft report and finalizing it based on one set of integrated comments from USAID and one set of integrated comments from The International Small Group and Tree Planting Program (TIST).
- Minimum seven years of experience working in and evaluating projects, serving in a Team Leader or similar type of position;
- Significant experience conducting evaluations for USAID and working on USAID projects;
- Demonstrated understanding of sustainability, scaling-up, gender, and general development issues;
- Experience related to forestry, community-based natural resource management, is a plus; and
- Experience in Kenya or East Africa is a plus.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
36 total views, 1 today