Rapidly – growing organization in East Africa seeks Payroll Administrator
Industry: Nonprofit / International Development
Function: Payroll administration and reporting
Employer: One Acre Fund
Job Title: Payroll Administrator
Negotiable. Nairobi preferred. Some travel around East Africa.
One Acre Fund is a rapidly-growing NGO in Kenya, Rwanda and Burundi that serves persistently hungry farm families.
Instead of giving handouts to families, One Acre invests in farm families to generate a permanent gain in farm income.
Our “investment bundle” includes education, financing, inputs, and export market access – generating an average doubling of farm profit per acre.
We have been operating since January 2006. We currently serve 135,000 farm families, and are nearly doubling in size every year.
One Acre Fund has won several prestigious awards including the Skoll Award, FT/IFC award for sustainable banking, and is listed on the Forbes Impact 30 list.
We have almost 2,000 employees in four countries.
As we continue to expand, we need to develop and maintain a payroll system that strikes a balance between meeting each country’s unique needs, and standardizing common practices across countries.
We are seeking an exceptional professional to serve as Payroll Administrator.
This person will oversee our transition to Sage VIP Payroll (www.sagevippayroll.com
), and manage our country payroll officers.
The Payroll Administrator will work with members of our finance and HR teams to improve and formalize existing payroll processes, and ensure compliance across countries.
They will interface with VIP to oversee configuration changes to our payroll database, and design excel-based report templates for VIP’s Business Intelligence Manager.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Payroll Administrator will perform the following and other duties as assigned:
Interface with VIP
- Capture the evolving needs of our finance and HR teams, and work with VIP to translate them into requirements for our payroll databases.
- Guide VIP’s work on our payroll databases, and work closely with VIP to understand the technical details of our system
Oversee all OAF payroll operations
- Train and support country payroll officers in their use of the VIP system
- Ensure integrity of payroll data
- Ensure regular off-site backup of all payroll databases
- Potentially take a leading role improving and standardizing our HR policies across countries
Field payroll data analysis requests
- Provide cross-country reporting
- Analyze historical payroll data to answer questions from our government relations and corporate teams
- Build and maintain excel-based report templates for VIP’s Business Intelligence Manager
As we expand into additional countries, bring them online to our payroll system
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrated experience capturing business requirements and designing maintainable IT systems
- East African payroll/HR experience preferred– familiarity with tax codes and statutory reporting requirements is a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel; ideally some experience writing excel macros in VBA
- Excellent communication and management skills – we are seeking someone who can provide effective remote support to payroll officers in other countries
- English required; French a strong plus
The following personal attributes are desired:
- A deep and genuine commitment to serving the poor
- A passion for One Acre Fund’s program
- A tremendous attention to detail
- Humility and positive attitude
- A sense of humor
Preferred Start Date: January 2013
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
Benefits: Health cover, immunizations, two home flights per year if applicable
Bi-annual management consulting-style career reviews, and significant investment in career development. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development.
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject line: Payroll Administrator + name of the site that referred you)
45 total views, 1 today