Vacancy For Marketing Manager in Nairobi
The Location:Nairobi, Kenya
The Marketing Manager will be responsible for the development and execution of the company’s strategic marketing plans as well as the company’s brand management.
The jobholder will also be responsible for developing and effectively implementing marketing activities for the brands including research and development and driving the harmonization of brand position in East Africa.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Manager’s key focus areas include:
- Strategy Development.
- Marketing Management.
- Brand Management.
- Stakeholder Management.
- People Development.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing, coordinating and maintaining marketing/brand strategies to meet organizational objectives.
- Executing the ATL and BTL strategies.
- Identifying new opportunities for growth in relation to existing and new products, segments, geographies etc.
- Evaluating customer research, market conditions, competitor data and implementing marketing plan changes as needed.
- Developing and executing an annual marketing plan in conjunction with the sales department and ascertaining project/activity paybacks.
- Managing the annual marketing budget.
- Identifying and monitoring sales activation activities.
- Submitting monthly reports to the Managing Director.
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research.
- Overseeing all marketing, advertising and promotional staff and activities.
- Developing and executing product launches, promotions and demonstrations.
- Challenging conventional approaches and thinking to develop better promotions in a manner that demonstrates a fundamental understanding of promotional objectives/strategies.
- Managing brand communication.
- Managing the various brands activity calendar.
- Ensuring the brands positioning is clear, consistent & distinctive.
- Leading/championing the principles of consumer insights.
- Utilizing data to anticipate competitive and consumer trends, assessing strategic implications, and optimizing business potential based on analysis.
- Leading research and new product development.
- Managing the public relations as well as any CSR responsibility to meet the company objectives.
- Managing the marketing agency.
- Leading the agency to achieve innovative media plans, which optimize the marketing budget and maximize impact.
- Leading the client/agency relationship, and challenging the agency to ensure best possible output on the various brand/s.
- Taking the lead in influencing key stakeholders both within and without the business.
- Building loyalty with staff that will provide them with peace of mind and the opportunity to grow in their careers and develop as individuals.
- Coaching and motivating the Marketing team and ensuring that the people are of the highest quality and are committed to achieving the objectives.
- Motivating Brand Manager and the wider team to ensure excellence in quality of planning and execution.
- Overseeing the day-to-day performance in the marketing department.
- Developing direct reports successfully by implementing a succession plan.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business field or equivalent.
- A professional sales and marketing qualification including CIM diploma will be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a marketing management position.
- Experience in trade and consumer marketing is essential.
- A proven track record in selling/marketing in FMCG sector will be an added advantage.
- Experience in research and development.
- Strong leadership, people management, planning and organizing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- A creative and innovative self-starter.
- Highly developed analytical & strategic thinking skills.
- Commercially astute and with sound business acumen.
- Ability to work well under intense pressure while meeting tight deadlines.
- Capable of identifying, understanding and using the broader business and financial levers to achieve results.
- High attention to detail is essential.
- High energy and ability to see things to completion without supervision.
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
69 total views, 1 today