Vacancy For Marine Programme Coordinator, Kenya
The East African Wildlife Society (EAWLS) recognises the importance of marine resources and is aware of the threats facing these resources in Eastern Africa.
It is the intention of EAWLS to employ a Marine Programme Coordinator to develop and implement a well coordinated marine conservation strategy to address these threats across Kenya’s and Tanzania’s coastlines.
- Designing and coordinating the implementation of a marine conservation strategy
- Promoting an ecosystem based approach for the conservation and management of coastal marine ecosystems
- Setting up and supporting community based structures and systems at priority sites that will enhance sustainable utilisation and management of marine resources
- Building stakeholders’ capacity and competency in policy advocacy, good governance and management of marine resources
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Marine Biology and or other relevant qualifications from a recognized University, MSc. is an added advantage
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- A minimum of five years relevant working experience
- Flexible in respect of working hours and days
East African Wild Life Society
32 total views, 2 today