Vacancy for Managing Director – UAP Insurance Uganda
Currently, UAP has over eight businesses operating in Kenya, Uganda and South Sudan which are market leaders in their respective fields.
Reporting directly to the Board of Directors and the Group Managing Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing leadership in the development, execution and achievement of the company’s strategic plans;
- Implementing the board’s business development and financial performance decisions;
- Identifying new markets and opportunities for business expansion;
- Overseeing the development of innovative products for new and existing clients;
- Implementation of efficient and effective business processes to drive high levels of operations;
- Ensuring prudent financial management and due care of the company’s assets and liabilities;
- Developing and managing a strong and effective Management team;
- Building effective relationships with the board, regulators and other key stakeholders;
- Enforcing a culture of regulatory compliance and good corporate governance; and
- Maintaining a conducive work environment for attracting, retaining and motivating employees.
- A Bachelors degree in Business, Economics or other relevant field from a recognized institution;
- A Masters degree in Business Administration or related field;
- An Advanced Diploma in Insurance (ACII), qualified Accountant or other relevant professional qualification;
- A team leader with 10 years relevant senior management experience;
- Excellent business acumen and awareness of the external environment;
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills and
- Proven intellectual leadership in developing people and managing performance.
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited
Deloitte Place, Waiyaki Way
33 total views, 1 today