Vacancy For Finance and Admin Officer in Kenya
We need a highly organized, enthusiastic and motivated person to support our team to help ensure the smooth, efficient running of our organization. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the incumbent is responsible for preparing financial statements, maintaining cash controls, preparing the payroll and personnel administration, purchasing, maintaining accounts payable and managing office operations.
He/she will be expected to undertake the following functions to ensure the successful operation of the financial accounting and management systems:
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Maintain existing financial systems including petty cash, expenses, claims, and income & expenditure records. Process all payments through Cash flow and monthly bank reconciliation.
- Work with the Chief Executive Officer to improve existing systems.
- Provide Chief Executive Officer with full monthly financial report
- Assist in the preparation of annual accounts
- Entering data and maintaining manual and computerized prime accounting records
- Inputting and processing invoices, including of foreign currency claims, and ensuring that they are processed in accordance with the Organization’s Rules for Financial Control;
- Invoice payment monitoring and collection from clients and regular updates on outstanding balances;
- Maintaining up-to-date information on exchange rates and circulating this to staff
- Debtors & Creditors report
- Administration, reconciliation and weekly/monthly reporting to CEO of petty cash and all bank accounts; assisting with all agreed month-end procedures and reconciliations;
- Manage Monthly Payroll and Pension payments
- Assist with Profit & loss/ Balance sheet reconciliation
- Prepare Monthly Cash Flow
- Assisting in any other aspect of the work as required and undertaking such other duties as directed by the Chief Executive Officer
- Strong administration & financial background
- Excellent understanding of using Microsoft word
- Excellent experience of Excel
- Ability to multi-task
- Experience of Cash flow
- Problem solving
- A self starter
- A proactive thinker and perceptive individual
- Can demonstrate attention to detail, initiative and reliability
- Enjoy organizing, planning and delivering work
- Able to present well and act professionally
- Computer skills including the ability to operate computerized accounting, spreadsheet and word processing programs at a highly proficient level
- Accounting and bookkeeping skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Decision making skills
- Bachelor of Commerce Degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting
- CPA 3 will be an added advantage
- 3 years experience. Previous experience of working in an administrative and support role, including experience of setting up and managing administrative systems
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Experience in book-keeping
- Good verbal, written and interpersonal skills with all levels of staff.
- Close attention to detail, to ensure accuracy of input.
- Good time management, and able to prioritize.
- The ability to work as part of a team and be flexible.
- Be proactive with the ability to complete detailed work accurately and with minimal supervision.
- Be a team player with a “can-do” attitude and willingness to assist and motivate others to ensure accurate and timely output.
57 total views, 1 today