Vacancy: Assistant Pharmacist Kakuma
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) in Kenya serves vulnerable populations in the Turkana and Garissa regions as well as in Eastleigh, Nairobi.
The IRC implements programs in the areas of comprehensive primary health care, nutrition, protection, peace building, water and sanitation and hygiene (WASH), HIV/AIDS prevention, response to gender based violence, disaster risk reduction (DRR), livelihoods and governance.
Working under the guidance and supervision of the Pharmacist, the pharmacist assistant will be directly responsible for;
· Ensure quality pharmaceutical care, in conjunction with the pharmacist, by availing quality and efficacious drugs as approved by the pharmacy and poisons board.
· Maintaining a list of essential drugs customized for Kakuma, with clear re-order levels that should always be made available for use by beneficiaries.
· Keep accurate records of purchase, delivery, requisition supply and consumption of drugs, medical supplies, and equipment/stationary and hardware items in the main drug store and main hospital stores.
· Ensure that the hospital and clinics are supplied with the above mentioned items at the right time
· Prepare and submit regular inventory reports and requisition orders to the pharmacist in time to avoid unnecessary delays in the purchases and delivery of same items.
· Monitor drug consumption rates and keep accurate records of the same.
· Provide the clinicians with a weekly update on available drugs or those in short supply as well as advising them on substitutes
· To constantly review and identify drugs that may or may not be utilized in the main hospital pharmacy
· Ensure the clinic dispensing units have appropriate drugs management systems including record keeping.
· Conduct regular monitoring visits to the clinic dispensing unts, including spot checks on inventory.
· Conduct targeted refresher training to the hospital/ clinics pharmacy staff (incentive and national) including on job training and drug/supplies management systems. Submit brief post activity reports.
· Proactively engage in the implementation of pharmacy training courses targeting pharmacy assistants in the hospital and clinics.
· Supervise and ensure a robust inventory management system is in place in the main pharmacy store.
· Provide weekly feedback reports to the pharmacist.
· Any other duty as assigned by the supervisor.
· Diploma in Pharmacy from KMTC or any other reputable institution
· Possess a valid license from the Kenya Pharmacy and Poisons Board
· At least two years experience working in a busy pharmacy unit.
· Computer literate
· Team player and cultural sensitivity is required.
· Ability to work in hardship areas (Previous experience in a Camp setting will be an added advantage).
· Fluency in Turkana/Somali will be an added advantage
Please apply on or before 26th December, 2012
IRC leading the way from harm to home
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
70 total views, 1 today