Vacancy For A Lab Manager in Nairobi
“The Walter Reed Project” is a research-based organization that is affiliated to the Kenya Medical Research Institute. Our mission is to develop and test improved means for predicting, detecting, preventing and treating infectious diseases.
- Ensure that all Lab SOPs and Protocols are implemented as required.
- Budget for and order all Laboratory supplies to support Lab activities.
- Supervise the Manage VHF Laboratory budgetary allocations.
- Monitor the work progress of all VHF Laboratory staff through mentorship and supervision.
- Maintain a specimen monitoring and tracking system for all past and future laboratory specimens
- Manage the VHF laboratory in the event of a disease epidemic or other public health emergency in which case the lab manager will be expected to work overtime and on weekends.
- Counsel and appraise staff, as required.
- Seek assistance from CVR, CDC and WRP for Laboratory and Research activities, as necessary.
- Be able to carry out any other duties as directed by the Lab Director and GEIS coordinator.
- Masters in a Laboratory based science, PhD is an added advantage.
- At least two years laboratory research/work experience at Masters level
- Good knowledge and experience of Laboratory Assays, including Molecular, Serological and Entomological Techniques.
- Good analytical skills.
- Evidence of active Research through publications is an added advantage.
- Database management and computer skills
- A good attitude, communication and people management skills
- Letter of Application. Those sending applications via email should write in the subject line ‘Lab Manager VHF’
- Current Curriculum Vitae with Contact telephone number and e-mail address
- Three letters of reference with contact telephone numbers and e-mail addresses
- Copies of Certificates and Transcripts
Walter Reed Project,
P.O. Box 29893- 00202
54 total views, 2 today