Vacancies For Waiters and Cooks in Karen, Kenya
Our client is one of the leading Hotels located at Karen.
The client is currently looking for qualified candidates to fill in the following positions:
Overall purpose of the job
To ensure clients get the best services possible leading to customer satisfaction.
- Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
- Escort customers to their tables.
- Take orders from clients
- Explain how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods.
- Inform customers of daily specials.
- Prepare checks that itemize and total meal costs and sales taxes.
- Present menus to patrons and answer questions about menu items, making recommendations upon request.
- Remove dishes and glasses from tables or counters, and take them to kitchen for cleaning.
- Serve food and/or beverages to patrons; prepare and serve specialty dishes at tables as required.
- Stock service areas with supplies such as coffee, food, tableware, and linens.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- Relevant training such as Hotel Management
- Ability to greet patrons, present menus, make recommendations and answer questions regarding food and beverage
- Comprehensive knowledge of taking orders and relaying to kitchen and bar staff
- Thorough understanding of preparing and serving specialty foods at patrons’ tables
- Hands-on experience in setting tables, arranging place settings, placing table decorations, welcoming and serving guests, accepting guest food or beverage orders
- Excellent skills and knowledge in maintaining cleanliness requirements and personal hygiene standards
- In-depth product knowledge of food and beverages
- Proven ability to communicate with kitchen staff, provide orders to customers, collect funds, and maintain proper accountability for orders and funds
- Substantial knowledge of accepting credit card payments and working point of sale registers to accurately secure payment and funds control
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Dedicated and meticulous—high level of accurateness and attention to detail
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili
- Skilled in MS Word, Excel and Internet
- Work together with kitchen staff
- Participate in overall staff orientation as possible
- Work with head cook to receive and store food stuffs and supplies
- Function as general all round-cook for all meals and special events
- Clean and prepare food service areas for use. Help close kitchen down for off season
- Evaluate current season and make recommendations for following season
- Follow all rules of local and state health regulations
- These are not the only duties to be performed. Some duties may be reassigned and other duties may be assigned as required
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- Relevant training preferably in Hotel Management
- Ability to lift/unload food and supplies
- Ability to operate kitchen equipment safely
- Maintain appropriate inventory of food, supplies
- Ability to interpret written menus and meal plans
- Ability to work well with others at camp. Knowledge of standards of food preparation and serving and kitchen procedures.
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and posses the necessary qualification and experience please send your resume and application letter indicating your experience and why you are the most suitable candidate for the role clearly quoting the job title to the email address [email protected]
The deadline for application is Tuesday, 18 December, 2012.
87 total views, 1 today