UON Massive Recruitment in Kenya – 10 Positions
The University of Nairobi, through the Department of Clinical Medicine and Therapeutics, College of Health Sciences, has received funding from the US Centre for Disease Control and Prevention to support the Ministries of Medical Services and Public Health and Sanitation implement high quality, equitable, accessible sustainable and comprehensive HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment and Support services in Kiambu and Kirinyaga Districts in Central Province.
- Applicants should be holders of a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB) and
- MPH (Masters in Public Health) degrees (or equivalent health systems related qualifications) from recognized institutions; and registered with the Kenya Medical Practitioners’ and Dentists’ Board with a valid practice license.
- The applicant should have at least 7 years experience in HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment Programming within the public sector or large NGO/donor environments and demonstrate experience presenting health systems issues to public health policy makers and development partners.
- In addition, they should possess superlative oral, written communication and computing skills.
- The project director will be a strong, strategic partner with the ability to conceptualize, develop, and direct project results aligned to service delivery partner and donor priorities.
- Oversee and guide the overall direction of the project
- Define, develop, execute and continually update the project work-plan; and adjust strategic goals, plans and operations of the project to meet service delivery partner and donor objectives and targets
- Coordinate logistical support for effective and efficient delivery of technical assistance and institutional capacity development
- Represent the project to the Provincial Health Management Teams, target District Health Management Teams, the donor, project partners and other implementing partners
- Provide leadership and oversight for the project’s senior management team that sets the overall direction for the project
- Oversee and contribute to planning and reporting on project activities
- Oversee project finances
- Oversee and/or actively participate in the preparation of grant applications and provide technical expertise for other resource mobilization activities
- Produce reports, presentations and analyses that meet GOK and donor requirements
- Oversee monitoring and evaluation functions
Location: Nairobi with frequent field travel.
- Supervise and coordinate the provision of all administrative, personnel and financial support to the project, ensuring that appropriate controls and reporting structures are maintained in accordance with Grantee and Donor rules and regulations;
- Manage projects accounting and financial systems by ensuring that appropriate controls and reporting structures are maintained in accordance with Grantee and Donor financial rules and regulations,
- Coordinate and act as focal point for issues relating to finance (including salary, and any other disbursements to sub guarantees.
- Supervise subcontract and field accountants
- Prepare monthly financial reports that include cash flow reports, audits and projections
- Manage logistic operations, including procurement, transportation, material and personnel and ensure efficient and timely delivery of services
- Take part in resource mobilization activities including proposal development, costing and budgeting
- Develop and implement strategies for capacity building of partner organizations in all aspects of management especially developing mechanisms to mobilize and manage resources for priority public health interventions
Location: Nairobi with frequent field travel.
- Applicants must have the at least Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with 5 years experience in monitoring and evaluation.
- Those with advanced training in health informatics/biostatistics will have an added advantage.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for providing technical assistance to project partners in data collection, analysis and reporting in line with the GOK and Donor requirements.
- Applicants should be in possession of a minimum of MBChB degree from a recognized institution and be registered with the Kenya Medical Practitioners’ and Dentists’ Board and at least 3 years experience in HIV programming.
- Those with health systems related qualifications (MPH, Project Management, Health Systems Management or Epidemiology) will have an added advantage.
- Evidence of training in aspects of HIV Medicine will be required.
- Applicants must be holders of a Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Public Health, Development Studies or related field, with requisite experience in knowledge management and advocacy.
- She/he should have at least 3 years of experience and demonstrated ability in developing and implementing a wide variety of health communication and advocacy strategies for multidisciplinary stakeholders.
- Applicant should have a at least a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing with postgraduate qualifications in Public Health.
- Candidates with Diploma in Nursing with HND in Epidemiology or public health will be considered.
- They should have at least 3 years experience in HIV programming and superior written and oral communication skills and be computer literate with evidence of ability to use statistical packages.
- development and implementation of quality improvement systems, protocols and procedures across program areas including establishment of quality improvement committees and teams and quality improvement plans
- coordinating the development of standards of care and standard operating procedures and advocating for adherence to these standards
- reviewing collected data and performing and reporting descriptive statistical analyses to identifying patterns of quality concern
- conducting clinical chart reviews and analysis of quality performance indicators across project sites, and reporting on trends in care quality
- identifying existing barriers to the Standard of Care, identification of training needs, citation of gaps between expected and current practices, and recommendations on further revisions to the standards/capacity building
- Coordinate training and other capacity building activities.
Location: Nairobi with frequent field travel.
- Applicants should be holders of a BSc in Medical Laboratory Technology or Higher National Diploma or equivalent from a recognized institution.
- They should have a minimum of five (5) years working in a busy clinical laboratory.
- Those with additional training in GCLP will have an added advantage.
- Applicants should be registered with the relevant regulatory authority.
- The successful candidate will be expected to be knowledgeable in both medical technology and management principles.
- He/ She should be a team player, have excellent oral, written communication and computer skills.
- Conduct training and on-site mentorship for laboratory personnel
- Support expansion and implementation of laboratory services networks
- Provide technical support for the selection, purchase, installation and maintenance of laboratory equipment, reagents and controls
- Provide technical support in development and implementation of laboratory quality management systems
Department of Paediatrics7 Child Health Pace Project:
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Laboratory Sciences from a recognised University
- Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board (KMLTTB) registration
- Computer literacy: Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel Spread sheet.
- Understanding of the principles and practice of flow cytometry, haematology, serology, biochemistry and microbiology; experience with corresponding instrumentation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Total Quality Management (TQM) in the laboratory setting including ability to write/edit laboratory SOPs, documentation of laboratory processes
- Ability to prepare laboratory reports and work plans
- Minimum of five years of experience in a busy laboratory performing standardized assays using flow cytometry, chemical, haematological and microbiological analyses from patient samples and conducting site assessments
- Have worked at a senior level of management in the laboratory and have high-level problem solving skills and ability to work independently
- Experience with accreditation inspections
- Demonstrated professionalism and confidentiality
- Experience in coordinating and conducting laboratory trainings in ART monitoring, including CMEs and CPD
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
- Comfortable in a dynamic, rapidly changing, and highly competitive environment
- Able to work effectively with internal and external colleagues and collaborators
- Demonstrate general problem solving skills on identified problems, and follow through with required documentation of corrective action
- Plan and coordinate laboratory training activities
- Write laboratory reports on the various laboratory activities
- Train and mentor laboratory technologists/BSc Medical Lab students in performing ART monitoring tests (flow cytometry, haematological, chemical, serological , diagnosis of TB and other opportunistic infections).
- Carry out site visits for laboratories and monitor quality assurance
- Carry out laboratory tests for HIV ART monitoring using flow cytometry, chemical, haematological and microbiological analyses from patient samples paying attention to quality control/quality assurance concepts
- Supervise laboratory teams in quality assurance, infection prevention and control practice
- Participate in instrument maintenance including troubleshooting as necessary
- Be a team member and demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, sound judgment, good communication skills, and ability to identify and resolve policy and operational constraints effectively.
- Applicants should submit seven (7) of the above supporting documents and applications letter.
- Applications and related documents should be forwarded through the applicants’ heads of departments and applicants should state their current designations and salaries and other
- Benefits attached to those designations. They should quote post reference codes as shown for each posts in the advertisement.
- Applicants should also send soft copies of the cover letter, CVs and certificates to email@example.com. Please note that this is a mandatory requirement.
- Applications (Hard copies) should be addressed as per the codes below:-
- Kmlttb Current Board Members
- jobs uonbi ac ke
- www jobsnairobiuniversity com
- uon jobs health related
- medical lab jobs nairobi university in october 2012
- http;\jobs uonbi ac ke
- kirinyaga university college principal
- kirinyaga university college jobs
- jobs in kirinyaga university
- www jobsnairobiuniversity october ac ke
48 total views, 1 today