University Research Co LLC,U.S.A. Jobs In Kenya
Established in 1965, our work spans over 30 countries around the globe. URC’s mission is to improve the quality of and access to health, education, and social services in the United States of America and in developing countries around the world.
URC has expertise in helping create environments where communities, health providers, educators, managers, and stakeholders can make lasting and positive changes in people’s lives. Currently key clients include the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Global Fund, and the Gates Foundation.
URC, through its USAID Health Care Improvement Project recently received the award for the National Systems strengthening and QI (NSSI) to support improvement in RH, MNCH, HIV/AIDs and TB services; URC therefore seeks to recruit the following positions:
Position Title: Senior Quality Improvement Advisor
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Reports to: Chief of Party- HCI Kenya
To be based in the Nairobi office with frequent travel to project areas of implementation.
The Quality Improvement Advisor will provide technical support in the implementation of the above services. S/he will be responsible for coordinating with the relevant departments in the MOMS and MOPHS and supporting quality improvement interventions at the facility level.
- Support multiple continuous quality improvement efforts through capacity building and coordinated implementation of modern quality improvement initiatives for better health outcomes in Kenya.
- Work in close collaboration with the MOMS, MOPHS implementing partners as well as other health development partners to support development of effective quality improvement strategies for RH, MNCH, HIV/AIDS and TB and Malaria.
- Participate in development of programmatic plans and support needs-based continuous quality improvement training and education to National teams, Provincial Health teams, DHMTs, CBOs and NGOs etc. and integration of quality improvement methods and best practices into routine facility activities
- Support MOMs and MOPHs to establish systems for continuous learning and implementation of continuous Quality Improvement methods as well as the spread of successful innovations throughout the health sector.
- Work with The Ministry to establish performance monitoring system for tracking priority QI indicators across collaborating sites to show improvement in processes and care outcomes.
- Work with Ministry and Implementing Partners in identifying and communicating “best practices” in HIV/AIDS, RH, MNCH, TB and Malaria healthcare delivery through training and coaching sessions.
- Participate in drafting the HCI –Kenya Country Operational Plans and produce the NSSI and PEPFAR programmatic reports.
- Any other duties as assigned/required by URC.
- Kenyan with health-related profession and a master’s degree in epidemiology, public health, health policies and planning, public health administration or other public health related field from a recognized university
- Track record working to improve planning, management, and budgeting for programs
- Expertise in public health data collection and strong monitoring and evaluation skills.
- Experience in Quality Improvement.
- Experience in working effectively with Ministries of Health (MOMS/MOPHS), multinationals and INGO.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Reporting to: Chief of Party
Key contacts: Section heads, Country office staff, Relevant GOK Officials and Implementing
The Project Assistant will provide operational, technical, administrative, coordination and programme support for the implementation of the NSSI Project in Kenya.
Specific roles and responsibilities will involve:–
- Assist identifying procurement needs and compilation of specification requirements for procurement of materials, goods equipment; and services for the NSSI project as per the URC guidelines.
- Assist in drafting of Contracts and Letters of Agreement to be issued for services with partners
- Updating and maintaining the project’s information management system. Ensuring timely submission of monthly budget and expense reports (B&Es), working to identify and resolve problems with project accounts, and troubleshooting problems with financial transactions as assigned.
- Organizing all project staff , link consultants and contractors to Implementing Partners and the Government of Kenya;
- Assisting in the collection of relevant information, through assessment and other data-collection exercises to support the information component of the project;
- Organizing all meetings, training courses and workshops foreseen in the project;
- Liaising with all stakeholders linked to this project;
- Assist in the preparation of project reports, project monitoring and evaluation, project budgeting and communication;
- Ensuring visibility of the project by providing regular updates on project implementation to all stakeholders involved in close collaboration with section heads and the Chief of Party
- Assisting the project team in developing a framework for follow-up activities;
- Carrying out any other duties and activities as may be requested by the Chief of Party
Candidates should possess:
- A degree in social sciences or equivalent with at least two years experience in a similar position with an International Organization
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and ability to work independently
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Kiswahili
- Ability to effectively use MS office (Windows, Word Outlook Excel, PowerPoint).
- Capacity to prioritize workload and be capable of managing a broad range of areas
- Good understanding of the purpose and functions of the technical programme, systematic and efficient approach to work assignments and good judgment and analytic ability
To be considered, your application must be received by 29th February 2012.
All correspondence should be sent through Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
URC regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
URC is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy
49 total views, 2 today