UNICEF Kenya Dadaab Recruitment
Vacancy Announcement – Temporary Appointment
Education Program Officer
Level NOB – Dadaab Duty Station
Date of Issue: 02 November 2011
Closing Date: 15 November 2011
Applications are hereby invited from qualified candidates to fill the above Temporary position in Dadaab
Field Office under the Education Section of UNICEF Kenya Country Office.
Purpose of the Post: Under the overall guidance of the UNICEF education specialist in Dadaab, the incumbent will be accountable for the development, design, planning, implementation and management of the Education programme within Dadaab and host community and work in close collaboration with the UNHCR and Implementation Partners (IPs).
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
* Support Capacity building within the education sector through camp level workshops and trainings to enhance quality education.
* Support advocacy activities to advance issues in refugee education through use of the evidence and strengthen joint UN and partners’ response to education.
* Provide technical inputs to the UNHCR counterparts and IPs.
* Monitor the education programs and interventions by providing technical guidance to education IPs and ensure that the planned activities take place in a timely manner.
* Coordinate with the Education and Young People (EYP), Social Policy and Monitoring & Evaluation (SPM&P), and other relevant UNICEF officers to develop a solid M&E framework not only for the UNICEF funded interventions but also the key education indicators in Dadaab specified in the Dadaab education strategy.
Programing and Monitoring Intervention:
* Support the UNICEF and UNHCR Education specialist in co-ordinating the design, preparation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the education programme in Dadaab.
* Analyses and evaluates data to ensure that the achievements of objectives are consistent with the education strategic plan for Dadaab, EFA, and MDGs. Take corrective action when necessary to meet programme/project objectives.
* Developing and maintaining partner relations with the Ministry of Education, the UNHCR and education partners by providing technical guidance and guidelines for further development of their capacities and activities.
* Ensure the activities of the joint education work plan are implemented in a timely and cost-effective manner.
* Support the host community to develop and introduce new approaches and initiatives, methods and practices such as parental education and early learning, education for Orphan and Vulnerable Cchildren, child friendly schools framework, with a focus on the Human Rights Approach to Programming, evidence-based and results-based programming.
Coordination and Communication:
Support the education specialist education in Dadaab and UNHCR;
* to provide support to bridge the coordination in Dadaab refugee camps and the Kenya education emergency cluster and Ministry of Education;
* to jointly coordinate education partners in Dadaab and host community and provide support to bridge the coordination in Dadaab refugee camps and the Kenya education emergency cluster and Ministry of Education;
* in collaboration with UNHCR and other education partners, strengthen mechanisms to address Education in emergencies in and around Dadaab refugee camp; and
* to liaise with other sectoral clusters, including Health, WASH and Child protection to ensure issues of importance to the education sector are addressed by them.
Resource Mobilization, Partnerships and Advocacy:
* Identify advocacy issues affecting refugee education.
* Sustain advocacy for the rights of children and youth to education in Dadaab and host community.
* Effectively mobilize resources to implement the defined activities by the joint work plan.
* Draft at least three fund-raising proposals for over 1 million dollars in collaboration with the UNHCR and the UNICEF EYP section in Nairobi.
* Advanced University degree in Education or related Social Sciences.
* Minimum of five years of significant experience in education development and emergency education with minimum three-year experience in management.
Language: Fluency in English and Swahili as a working language.
* Knowledge in various education sub-sectors in ECDE, Primary, Secondary, Out-of-school youth, life skills, vocational education, education finance, EMIS, curriculum, Child-Friendly School practices;
* Demonstrable ability to work with diverse groups of stakeholders and to develop consensus and partnerships;
* Demonstrable technical expertise in education in emergencies and development, early recovery and post crisis transition.
* An understanding and training in Inter-Agency Network for Education in Emergency (INEE) Minimum Standards for education in emergencies would be an added advantage;
* Capacity to present ideas in a clear, concise and convincing manner while listening to and acknowledging other people’s perspectives;
* Solid analytical, organizational, negotiating, advocacy and planning skills;
* IT skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
* Willingness and ability to be stationed in Dadaab and travel to other field locations.
Interested and suitable candidates should ensure they forward their applications along with their curricula vitae (internal candidates should attach copies of their last two Performance Evaluation Reports), to:
The Human Resources Specialist
UNICEF Kenya Country Office
Email address: [email protected]
Please indicate Reference No. “KCO/EDU/2011-29” in the email subject.
“Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply”
Zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse
UNICEF is a smoke-free environment.
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
- Dadaab Vacancies
- april2012irc counsellingjobsindaadab
- ACF international-programme officer job in Dadab refugee camp
- unicef dadaab vacancies
- unicef dadaab jobs
- UNICEF DAADAB VACANCIES
- unhcr vacancies in dadaab
- unhcr dadab driverjobs
- UNHCR DADAAB VACANCIES
- unicef in dadaab
- unicef jobs in dadaab
- UNICEF Kenya driverJobs
- vacancies at UNHCR Dadaab
- vacancies at unicef dadaab
- vacancies dadaab
- www UN Dadaab Jobs
- www unicef recruitment
- unhcr dadaab refugee camp vacancies
- unhcr dadaab kenya job vacancies
- unhcr dadaab jobs
- DADAAB CAMPS VACCANCIES
- dadaab jobs in kenya
- dadaab refugee camp jobs
- dadaab security vacanicies
- Education Programme Officer Dadaab NOB
- job vacancies dadaab kenya
- job vacant in dadaab refugee camp
- job vaccancy at dadaab
- latest unicef job vacancies in dadaab
- recent security vacancies in dadaab
- un jobs in dadaab
- un jobs job vaccancies at dadaab
- un vacancies in kenya dadaab
- unhcr daadab
- www united nations jobs in dadaab
186 total views, 1 today