UNDP Kenya wishes to advertise the following positions on behalf of UN Women:
1. Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation & Reporting Officer.
2. Communication Officer.
The United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women) Country Office in the East and Horn of Africa (including Kenya) focuses on addressing issues of women’s poverty, violence against women (VAW) and governance in post conflict situation and in peace through initiating and supporting mechanisms and processes that call for accountability of duty bearers to the principles of gender equality and women’s Human rights; contributing to the increase of women’s security in both the private and public sphere; and providing concrete support to women’s organizations and networks.
Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation & Reporting Officer
The Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting Officer will support the Kenya country office in ensuring that:
· Results are well articulated in the programme development processes;
· Results are tracked and documented;
· Both internal and external reports capture the actual changes that are happening as a result of the UN Women initiatives.
· Special emphasis of the monitoring process will be on monitoring qualitative changes based on the theory of change stated in the programme design.
Advanced university degree in Gender or women’s studies, social sciences, international relations, or a related field.
1. A minimum of 5 years experience in monitoring, evaluation and results-based management.
2. A minimum of 5 years of experience in reporting (internal and donors) using results based management principles.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of bilateral and multilateral donors reporting requirements.
4. A minimum of 2 years of experience of supporting capacity of the partner organizations in the areas of planning, M&E and reporting.
The Communications Officer will be responsible for providing leadership for strategic communications of UN Women in Kenya for internal and external communications through the implementation of the country communications strategy designed to maximize programme impact and build a clear and motivational image of UN Women.
A post-graduate degree in communications, journalism, public relations, or media management or related field.
· At least 3 years of similar employment experience, preferably with a development organization.
· Minimum 3 years of experience in web-content management and production of communication materials.
· Demonstrable experience in developing and implementing communications strategies.
· Demonstrable experience of communicating to a variety of audiences using different communication formats and tools.
· Demonstrable proofing and editing experience.
The full terms of reference for the two positions can be accessed on the UNDP Kenya e-
Recruitment portal on the UNDP Kenya website – http://www.ke.undp.org.
Interested and qualified persons can access and should apply on the UNDP Kenya e-Recruitment portal located on the UNDP Kenya website - http://www.ke.undp.org
– on or before 11 May 2012. Select “e-Recruitment Portal” under “Operations/Human Resources”.
Applicants are required to fill and sign a Personal History Form (P11) Form and submit it together with their online application Applications received via other means will not be accepted.
1. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
2. UNDP will only be able to respond to those applications in which there is further interest.
“UNDP is an equal opportunity employer which strives to achieve overall balance in its staffing patterns”.
42 total views, 1 today