UAP Group is a pan-African Financial Services Company with interest in Insurance, Investment Management, Property Investments, Property Development, Securities Brokerage and Financial Advisory.
Currently, UAP has over 8 businesses operating in Kenya, Uganda and South Sudan which are market leaders in their respective fields.
The Group will be launching operations in selected markets in Africa as part of its vision to be the most innovative pan-African Insurance and Financial Services Group.
In order to execute its ambitious growth and expansion strategy, UAP wishes to recruit high caliber individuals to fill the following positions for its subsidiary, UAP Insurance Kenya:
Reporting to the Underwriting Manager, the holder of this position will assess, price and determine terms for risks presented within set standards of service so as to ensure quality selection of risks and timely service are achieved by performing the following tasks:-
· Determine acceptability of risks, recommend risk surveys, monitor and review terms of accounts assigned
· Supervise, train and mentor staff on technical matters to ensure their skills are sharpened
· Check and sign underwriting documents to authenticate them
· Prepare and follow up renewal notices to ensure retention
· Requisition for premium refund to facilitate issuance of cheques
· Ensure that premiums are paid in respect of accounts managed
· Maintain effective business relationships to ensure effective delivery of service
· Monitor service standards within the section to ensure high quality customer service is delivered
· 1st Degree,
· ACII and
· 5 years experience in a similar position
Product Knowledge and functions of the various departments.
Reporting to the Underwriting Manager the holder of this position will assess risk within limited authority and handle customer issues to ensure quality risk selection and timely customer service delivery by performing the following tasks:-
· Prepare quotations in consultation with supervisors, in a timely manner to assist in business acquisition
· Prepare, dispatch and follow up of renewal business to ensure retention
· Book premiums and process underwriting documentation
· Respond to customer queries and complaints in a timely manner
· Enforce credit control and cancel policies not paid for to ensure premium is received for risks accepted
· Keep motor certificates allocated safely and make monthly declarations of usage
1st Degree and entry level ACII
Key Competencies: Product knowledge and functions of the various departments
Internal Audit Officer
Reporting to the Risk and Compliance Manager, this position will conduct an independent appraisal of the effectiveness of policies, procedure and standards to ensure compliance and will be charged with the following responsibilities:-
· Plan, organize and conduct regular internal audits to evaluate compliance
· Prepare audit reports and agree on corrective actions
· Follow up on corrective actions agreed upon
· Perform special assignments and investigations or reviews that may be requested by the audit committee or the management.
· 1st Degree,
· Professional qualifications-CPA (Mandatory), CIA, CISA, IRM and
· 3 years experience.
· Ability to gather, analyze and evaluate facts and prepare concise written reports
· Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
· Self-drive and commitment to take initiatives, address problems, find solutions and provide lead to others with little supervision
· Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships at all levels of the organization
· Be a Team Player
Web Developer & Communications Officer
Reporting to the Head of Marketing and Distribution, the candidate will be charged with the following responsibilities:-
· Implement the UAP web strategy in conjunction with the UAP Marketing Department and business users for use of web applications to communicate and carry out E-Commerce activities
· Expand existing Web Applications infrastructure to maximize on communication with UAP staff and external customers
· Work closely with the Marketing team and members of the Development Team to both develop detailed specification documents with clear project deliverables and timelines, and to ensure timely completion of deliverables
· Convert raw images and layouts to web themes
· Update content on the current UAP Group Websites
· Design and implement the Group Intranet & Extranet (SharePoint) Consult, negotiate and communicate with UAP’s existing web applications service providers and partners to ensure system(s) that are in place work as per set standards, and undergo continuous improvement.
· Develop, administrate and manage UAP’s Intranet and Extranet while ensuring that information/content is up to date and accurate
· Conduct training sessions with internal staff on how the various business units can utilize the corporate intranet to enhance collaboration and document management using the Microsoft SharePoint Technology
· Determine appropriate architecture, and other technical solutions, and make relevant recommendations to the business
· Engage in~0utside-the-box thinking to provide high value-of-service to UAP Take advantage of emerging technologies or applications and integrate them into operations
· Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines
· Able to promptly answer web related support emails and phone calls
· Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized
· Experience with hardware and software issues
· Proficient in Internet-related applications such as E-Mail clients, FTP clients & Web Browsers
· Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, & presentation skills
· Strong attention to detail
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related degree
· Must possess strong skills in Microsoft SQL Server 2008
· Must possess strong skills in Web Development
· Minimum 3 years’ of web development experience
· Must have experience with SharePoint
Case Management Nurse
Reporting to Case Management Supervisor, this position is to control and manage medical benefit utilization through pre-authorization and case management activities to ensure quality, appropriate cost effective care and good customer service are achieved by performing the following tasks:
· Pre-authorize scheduled and nonscheduled admissions within the set guidelines
· Negotiate/discuss professional fees as appropriate for each admission
· Set the appropriate parameters for each admission (claim reserve, initial authorized cost and duration)
· Visit all admitted clients within Nairobi region and its environs
· Liaise with Doctors on the day to day management of patients and obtain medical reports/ expected length of stay where indicated
· Ensure smooth discharge process and co-ordinate any necessary post-hospitalization/ step down facility care
· Revise reserves after discharge of member
· Collect feedback from admitted clients on quality and scope of service by the service provider
· Assist in carrying out verification and medical audit of claims/invoices before settlement
· Develop and maintain monthly database on admissions, large claims and extended length of stay
· Respond to queries from clients, intermediaries and service providers
· Liaise with other medical underwriters for purposes of market surveys and development of new controls, standards and products
· Any other duty assigned by management
· Diploma or Degree in Nursing
· Diploma in Insurance/COP
· Degree in Health systems Management/ Business management
· 3 years:experience in clinical setting and 2 years in an insurance set up valid driving license
· Excellent communication and negotiation skills
· Excellent public relations and interpersonal relationship skills.
· Good IT skills in database management and office systems.
· Good decision making in benefit utilization management.
· High levels of integrity and honesty
If you are up to the challenge and meet the criteria set above send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line so as to reach us by 25th April 2012.
59 total views, 2 today