Trócaire NGO Jobs in Nairobi
All positions are Nairobi Based unless otherwise indicated
Assistant Regional Finance Manager
Purpose: Working with the Regional Finance Manager and Programme Teams, the ARFM has responsibility for the management of donor contracts and for building the financial management capacity of our partner organizations to ensure adherence to quality financial stewardship, sound internal controls and compliance with donor and audit requirements.
- Bachelors degree in addition to professional accountancy qualifications e.g. CPA-K, ACCA or CIMA
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role
- Experience in working with local partners and building their capacities
- Excellent knowledge of donor rules and regulations
- Strong analytical abilities and ability to prepare concise, informative financial reports
- Strong interpersonal and team dynamic skills and ability to train and mentor others.
Purpose: Working with the Regional Manager, HQ and Country Representatives, the HRAM has responsibility for managing the HR function in the region, promoting and supporting best practice, developing and rolling out HR policies and ensuring compliance with both organizational
policies and local labour legislation.
In addition the HRAM will be responsible for managing the administration function in the Regional Office and supporting and advising country offices on Admin issues.
- Bachelors degree in HR /Social Sciences or Business Administration
- Must possess a Higher National Diploma / postgraduate Diploma in HR
- Minimum 5 years experience in HR and Administration at a management level with experience in use of computerised HRIS and payroll
- Experience of development and implementation of HR policies & procedures
- Experience of handling grievance & disciplinary matters
- Understanding of current Employment Legislation and its practical application in Kenya
Purpose: working with the Kenya Livelihoods and Humanitarian team, the successful candidate will coordinate Trócaire’s portfolio of work in humanitarian response, DRR (Disaster Risk Reduction) and Livelihoods, ensuring that programme work with partners is harmonised and that interventions effectively target the poor and vulnerable.
- MA in Development Studies, Agriculture, or equivalent field
- Proven technical ability across the humanitarian, DRR, Livelihoods sector
- Minimum 3 years experience of working with local partner organisations in delivering development results
- Experience of managing large multi-donor budgets
Purpose: working with programme staff, the successful candidate will oversee the ongoing development of the Kenya country programme (Governance; Livelihoods; HIV; Gender; Humanitarian) and effectively manage and motivate programme personnel.
- MA in Development Studies, International Development or equivalent field
- At least three years experience in a senior management position
- Evidence of managing and motivating development professionals and delivering programme results
- Experience of organisational representation to donors and delegations
- Sound financial management skills
Purpose: the successful candidate will support the ongoing humanitarian response in Kenya, working closely with programme partners in saving lives and safeguarding livelihoods.
- BA in Development Studies, International Development or equivalent field
- Strong technical ability in delivering humanitarian programming and results
- Proven ability to work with local partner organisation to ensure programme delivery
- Excellent programme administration skills
Based in Nairobi with regular travel to Mandera
Purpose: The position will be involved in development of proposals, budgets and reports as well as to develop the capacity building of the Trócaire health technical team of the health and nutrition programme implemented in Gedo Region (Somalia).
- Masters degree in public health or equivalent.
- Minimum 10 years international field experience in humanitarian/development work in health in developing countries, especially in the region.
- Proven experience of writing donor proposals, strategies and reports with various donors and understanding of the logframe or results framework.
- Ability to collate, manage and analyze epidemiological data, providing high quality narrative and data reports
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly into Somalia, security permitting.
Based in Mandera with regular visits to Nairobi
Purpose: the successful candidate will aim to achieve the strategic and operational goals of the programme by monitoring cash flows and trends, ensure adherence to project budgets by tracking income and expense accounts against budgets, analyzing financial data and preparing
financial reports, statements, and projections in addition to coordinating programme support activities in Mandera office.
- Bachelors degree in Finance/Accounting or Business Administration
- CPA (III) or ACCA Level II.
- A minimum of 5 years experience budgeting and reporting for donor funded projects
- Excellent knowledge of Accounting /Finance Management Software, with the ability to prepare and present concise and accurate financial reports
- Office management skills is essential
Based in Mandera with regular travel to Nairobi and Gedo (Somalia)
Purpose: to identify new local partners to work with, support the partners during the project definition and implementation, participate in managing budgets and reporting of the programme activities and coordinate the monitoring and evaluation of the projects implemented by the local partners.
The successful candidate shall also be involved in capacity building of the local partners, as well as network with other partners in the health, nutrition and education programs.
- Masters level degree in development studies or a relevant subject.
- Minimum 5 years experience at a senior management roles handling financial budgetary control and grant management, and programme management, working with local authorities, communities and partners
- Good understanding and experience of project/ programme management cycle, participatory appraisal techniques and building capacity of partner organizations.
- Knowledge and experience of managing or working on livelihoods and/or education programmes is desirable.
- Proven track record in high quality report and proposal preparation for donors
6 months position
Purpose: the successful candidate will present timely and high quality reports according to donor requirements and Trócaire internal policies
- Degree in social studies, communications/journalism or a relevant subject
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar position, preferably with an international NGO
- Experience supporting communication work in complex and politically sensitive environments, with strong writing and analytical skills
- Proven track record of high quality donor reports and case studies
- Knowledge of Somalia is desirable
Please send your application letter, including an updated CV not exceeding 4 pages indicating and names of three referees one of whom must be current or previous supervisor to:
If you meet the criteria herein please submit a CV (max 3 pages) and covering letter to
Regional HR Officer,
P.O. Box 66300, 00800,
or email to: [email protected]
by Friday 21st October 2011.
Please include contact number, present salary, and contact details for three referees (including current or most recent supervisor).
Trócaire is an equal opportunity employer
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
63 total views, 1 today