The College of Insurance Kenyan Jobs 2011 (4 New Positions)
College of Insurance Director of Studies, Head of Short Courses, Head of Marketing and Head of Insurance Studies Jobs in Kenya
The College of Insurance was established in 1985 by the Insurance Training & Education Trust (ITET) which is responsible for promoting, overseeing and coordinating insurance training and education, across all sectors of this very diverse industry.
This is an exciting time to join the College since there are several major developments underway including degree level courses and entirely new programmes in pensions management, risk management, weather and agricultural insurance.
The College is now seeking to fill the following key positions:
Director of Studies
Ref No: 81/AS/FN
This vacancy has arisen following the recent promotion of the previous holder of the position to become the new Chief Executive Officer of the College of Insurance.
The successful candidate will be the principal assistant to the Director of the College of Insurance and will deputize him in his absence.
He/She will be responsible for planning, implementing and managing all learning activities to satisfy industry needs while maximizing the usage of both the human and physical facilities of the College.
Key duties of the position include:-
- Researching into and quantifying the training needs of employers;
- Developing, implementing and constantly reviewing appropriate programmes to address the identified needs;
- Reviewing the impact of the training provided and making necessary adjustments;
- Coordinating and guiding teaching activities, including drawing up of time tables and allocation/supervision of academic staff as well as students;
- Coordinating research and development of new programmes;
- Editing of research reports, publications and journals as well as overseeing the management and utilization of libraries, archives and other learning resources;
- Training, inducting and supervising lecturers and facilitators, regularly evaluating their performance against set criteria.
- Applications are invited from Kenya citizens who hold a masters degree in education, human development or related fields and also a professional qualification preferably in insurance or a business related profession.
- A minimum of 8 years senior level management experience, acquired in a reputable training institution, with evidence of administrative and leadership excellence.
- The proven ability to manage change and effectively lead a teaching faculty to attain sustained growth in student intake and income levels.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A key selection factor will be the candidate’s proven ability to expand programmes, courses and services without sacrificing quality.
Ref No: 86/AG/FN
This position reports to the Director of Studies and provides effective leadership of the department which develops and mounts short technical and management courses, seminars and workshops for the insurance industry.
Some of the key tasks of the successful candidate will be:
- Leading the development, design and running of short management and technical courses required by the insurance industry
- Identifying and recruiting experienced facilitators for the courses
- Developing and implementing marketing strategies for existing and new courses / programmes
- Inputting on courses
- Conducting periodic evaluations of the performance of the department including staff appraisals
We would like to discuss this position with applicants who have:
- A bachelor’s degree in a business related field; a masters degree and or a post graduate diploma in management would be an added advantage;
- At least 5 years experience in the development and facilitation of business management courses;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to interact with senior executives and hold their attention.
Ref No: 434/AD/FN
The main purpose of this position is to ensure that the College is developing courses and programmes relevant to the insurance industry.
The successful candidate will design and carry out research in the market to quantity demand and how to satisfy this demand.
He/she will also obtain quantifiable feed back on the relevance of courses/programmes offered by the College of Insurance.
Main duties of the position will include:
- Designing and carrying out market research to establish market needs and gaps;
- Maximizing existing lines of business, revamping them and developing new ones to address gaps identified;
- Developing and maintaining a strong brand and benchmark in the market by pro-actively sourcing,
- Identifying and sourcing business from new and existing clients and distribution channels;
- Developing and implementing annual business development plans and budgets;
- Developing long term relationships with new and existing clients and maintaining them for future up-sells and cross-sells.
- Continuously monitoring distribution channels service levels, to ensure they are in tandem with the College’s distribution standards.
Applications are invited from Kenya citizens who satisfy the following requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree in marketing or similar field; a Masters degree and/or a post-graduate diploma in marketing would be an added advantage;
- At least five (5) years experience gained in research based sales and marketing related to the financial sector;
- A sound understanding of the insurance industry;
- Ability to initiate and deliver high quality research.
- Well developed communication skills including the ability to develop proposals, concept papers, and position papers as well as write reports and prepare relevant publications.
- Proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office applications and statistical packages.
- Well developed negotiation, presentation, relationship building, and customer service skills.
Ref No: 292/CM/FN
Reporting to the Director of Studies, the successful candidate will provide inspirational leadership and ensure the smooth coordination of the key department which develops, designs and mounts longer term, examinable insurance studies/programmes.
The main duties of the position will include:-
- Reviewing existing courses, improving them and developing new ones;
- Identifying, training and evaluating lecturers to ensure adequate staffing of all courses offered by the department;
- Coordinating the development of teaching materials and manuals for courses;
- Drawing up schedules/time tables and making sure that these are adhered to;
- Lecturing on courses;
- Setting and marking tests to evaluate students.
- Applications are invited from Kenya citizens who hold a university degree in education and development, preferably at a Masters level and also a professional qualification preferably in insurance or business related.
- A minimum of 5 years teaching and administrative experience acquired in a reputable tertiary level institution;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- The proven ability to lead and inspire a team of lecturers;
- A change agent, constantly reviewing and improving courses being offered.
In addition, these key positions will offer the holders an excellent opportunity to make a real difference in the development of human resources not only for the insurance industry but also for associated sectors of the economy in the Eastern Africa region.
Send your application letter and CV- do not attach certificates/testimonials – and state how your experience matches the specification, quoting job Ref No. to email@example.com
- college of insurance
- college of insurance jobs
- college of insurance kenya
- kenya college of insurance
- College of Insurance Job Openings
- vacancy in insurance in kenya
46 total views, 1 today