The African Development Bank’s Careers in Nairobi, Kenya
The African Development Bank’s Regional Resource Center in Nairobi, Kenya (RRC-Nairobi) has been established to strengthen dialogue between the Bank and regional Governments, development partners, the private sector, and the civil society, in the design of its development policy and programs, as well as on implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the poverty reduction strategy.
The office also seeks to assist the operational functions of the Bank Group in launching and follow up of projects and programs in Kenya.
The major functions of the office fall under the major areas of: country programming, project administration, promoting participation, regional integration, and aid co-ordination, in line with the partnership principles and with a view to increasing development effectiveness and impact.
RRC-Nairobi invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant position.
This is a local position, and posting will be in the Regional Resource Centre-Nairobi of the African Development Bank Group.
Program and Data Officer
(Position in the Local Professionals – LP Category)
Under the overall administrative authority of the Regional Director, the Direct Supervision of the Regional Economist and in close collaboration with the Program Officer, the Program and Data Officer will contribute to the efficient management of portfolio database of the entire Eastern Africa region.
He/She will contribute to the coordination, preparation and monitoring of the annual work programmes and operational budgets in keeping with the Bank’s policies and guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain the portfolio database for the entire Eastern African region (active and pipeline of projects)
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc reports on the RRC’s portfolio management and performance; report on Borrowers fulfilment of the general and specific conditions applicable to loans and grants ,for example audits;
- Analyse supervision data ,disbursement vouchers and data concerning cancellation of active project loans of the regional portfolio, and in particular performance reports, paying special attention to risky projects;
- Coordinate mission schedules and collate related data for reports
- Assist with preparation of country portfolio reviews and country portfolio implementation supervisions
- Report on accuracy and completeness of SAP data regarding the department’s portfolio
- Coordinate preparation of annual administrative budget; participate in identification of resources requirements, preparation, submission and administration of the budget. Recommend if necessary, the reallocation of funds. Coordinate as may be required, the RRC inputs on mobilization of bilateral resources.
- Coordinate the preparation of annual activity reports and portfolio analysis
- Coordinate the preparation and monitoring of the annual work programmes and quarterly mission schedules of the RRC. Regularly update work programmes on the basis of established processing schedules
- Produce whenever needed, short briefs, analyses and statistics for projects and activities for respective countries under RRC
- Liaise with the Information management and Methods department(CIMM), if necessary, on all issues relating to the SAP system and other information technologies, play the role of SAP resource person in the RRC, provide training, coaching and technical assistance to PL and GS staff of the RRC in the utilization of SAP-Project System
- Ensure that all required information from the RRC is posted timely on the website
- Perform any other tasks as may be assigned.
- A Minimum of a Master’s degree or its university equivalent in Economics, Information Technology, Business Administration or any other related field.
- A minimum of 6 years relevant experience in a similar position in a multilateral organization
- An excellent communicator, with budget and programme and portfolio management skills
- Strong Interpersonal skills, a keen sense of initiative, rigorous and methodical approach with attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple and simultaneous demands, priorities and deadlines.
- Capacity for conceptual and strategic analysis;
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team-oriented, multicultural environment and to function effectively as a member of various groups
- Competence in the use of Bank standard software, such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, MS Projects and PowerPoint) and SAP.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Knowledge of French will be considered an advantage.
Three years on a fixed-term contract with possibilities of renewal based on performance.
Only applicants who fully meet the Bank’s requirements and are being considered for interview will be contacted.
Applicants will only be considered if they fully completed Personal History Form (PHF), available from the Bank’s web site, and attach a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating date of birth and nationality.
The President, AfDB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level.
The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please send your application and CV not later than 5:00 pm – 01st May 2012
- AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT BANK IN NAIROBI
- african development bank vacancies kenya
- careers nairobi kenya
- information resource center manager jobs kenya
- Job careers degree statistics masters nairobi kenya april may 2012
- Nirobe Kenya African bank
51 total views, 1 today