Technology/ICT Helpdesk Administrator Job in Nairobi Kenya 2011 (KShs 65,833)
Department: World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF)
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Duration: 2-year term with possibility of renewal
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) works at the crossroads of livestock and poverty, bringing high-quality livestock science, communications and capacity building to bear on poverty reduction and sustainable development.
ILRI is one of 15 centres supported by the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR). ILRI has campuses in Kenya (headquarters) and Ethiopia, with other offices located in other regions of Africa (Mali, Mozambique, and Nigeria) as well as in South Asia (India, Sri Lanka), Southeast Asia (Laos, Thailand, and Vietnam) and East Asia (China).
The World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF) is supported by the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR), generates science-based knowledge about the complex role that trees play in agricultural landscapes, and uses its research to ensure that policies and practices benefit the poor and the environment. It’s headquartered in Nairobi.
ILRI and ICRAF are seeking to recruit an ICT Helpdesk Administrator reporting to the ICT customer Services Manager, to be based at ICRAF offices in Nairobi who will responsible for managing ICT Helpdesk as well as providing administrative support to the ICT unit.
- Manage the ICT Helpdesk functions i.e., logging user requests; providing first level support, assigning requests to appropriate ICT staff, monitoring and reporting of incidents; generating and sharing of monthly helpdesk reports e.t.c
- Provide Administrative support to the ICT Unit and serve as first point of contact for service providers, suppliers, partners and visitors
- Maintain and update ICT Unit records and databases and process recharges for services provided through the ICT Department and monitoring the departments cost centre including bookings for these services
- Manage corporate accounts for services obtained from Telecommunication companies and other service providers
- Process arrival and clearance of staff as per the set procedures and update the ICT portal/website with relevant information and participating in ICT Projects as required
- Bachelor’s degree computer Science/Information Technology or a Business related field with higher Diploma in IT.
- At least one year of relevant experience in a position with similar responsibilities
- Training in customer service and good customer service orientation; however, training in Administration will be an added advantage.
- Basic ICT diagnosis and support as well as good communication and interpersonal skills
Job level and salary: This position is job level 2B and starting salary is KES 65,833 per month. This is exclusive of other benefits provided within ILRI’s Nationally Recruited Staff Scheme.
Applications addressed to the Human Resources Director, a cover letter, curriculum vitae and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience should be emailed to:recruit-ilri-Ken@cgiar.org by 31st August, 2011
The position title and reference number “ICT HELPDESK ADMINISTRATOR” ICT/HA/08/11” should be clearly marked on the subject line of the email applications.
To learn more about ILRI, visit our website at www.ilri.org
ILRI is an equal opportunity employer
- ict job kenya
- ict teach job vacancy 2012 kenya
- job vacancies nairobi engineering 2011
- TEACHING ICT VACANCY 2012 IN KENYA
61 total views, 1 today