Systems Administrator Job At Oxford University Press
Oxford University Press (OUP), the largest University Press in the world, ¡s a department of the University of Oxford.
It furthers the University’s objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide.
OUP EA Ltd, a market leader ¡n Educational Publishing, seeks to recruit a Systems Administrator who ¡s energetic and results oriented.
· Support the running of the IT systems and infrastructure.
· Provide IT support to users and identify and troubleshoot problems based on user problem description.
· Maintain systems backup, security and contingency plans to ensure continuity and high availability of existing business systems.
· Research and recommend innovative, and where possible, automated approaches for system administration tasks.
· Support users in the implementation of internal IT security policies and procedures for the Company.
· Assist in the coordination, development and deployment of IT systems and infrastructure within the Company.
· Ensure the stable operation of Business Systems and network connections.
· Develop and write procedures for installation, use, and solving problems of networks and communications hardware and software.
· Liaise with external service providers to ensure maximum systems availability.
· Train end users on the various applications to optimize utilization of IT resources.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Degree in Computer Science or equivalent from a recognized university.
· Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) Certificate.
· Cisco Certified Networks Associate (CCNA) Certificate.
· 3 years systems administration experience in a busy Microsoft environment.
· Experience in WAN administration.
· Exposure to SAP will be an added advantage.
· Positive attitude and sound work ethics.
If your career aspirations match this exciting opportunity, please send your application and resume to email@example.com quoting the position title on the subject of the email on or before Friday 30th November 2012.
Your resume should include a working email address, daytime telephone contacts, qualifications, experience, and names and addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
34 total views, 1 today