St. John’s Community Centre(SJCC) a project of ACK – Diocese of Nairobi is implementing a 4 year Project whose goal is to improve student’s HIV/AIDS knowledge, attitudes and practices through peer to peer, school and community- based interventions in the Informal settlements of Nairobi County.
The Centre seeks to recruit the following qualified and experienced Officers who are also committed Christians aged between 25 -35 years.
The Community development/ HIV program Officer
· University degree in relevant Community development, social or medical science. It will be an added advantage if the person has done diploma courses in HIV/AIDS management or family counselling and is computer literate.
· Has 2 years working experience in managing an integrated HIV prevention and care program for Parents, secondary or primary schools in poor urban communities
· Has excellent planning, community mobilization, organizational , proposal writing and project management skills
· Fluency in both written and oral English and Kiswahili
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer:
· University degree in social sciences, public health, or other related discipline from a recognised university.
· Comprehensive training in M & E and gender
· 4 years relevant working experience in M&E in a USAID funded integrated HIV prevention project,
· Demonstrated skills M&E systems development and implementation
· Computer proficiency in word processing, databases, spreadsheets, including advanced skills in at least two of the following programs: SPSS, Excel, Epi Info, Stata, SQL and Ms Access.
· Good understanding of public health issues particularly HIV/AIDS, Drug and alcohol abuse.
· University Degree in Office Administration, Business administration or equivalent
· Experience of working in a busy USAID funded development project in a similar position
· Experience in setting up and maintaining a filing system, archiving program documents, managing events or training workshops, procurement and staff supervision.
· Certificate in community development or in HIV and AIDS management.
· Excellent oral and written English, customer care qualities and organizational and presentation skills
· Literacy in relevant Computer packages.
Send your application with a CV, copies of certificates, names and reliable telephone numbers of three professional referees, via email to: email@example.com or mail to:
The Chairman HR Committee,
P.O. Box 16254-00610
to be received not later than 30th April 2012.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
36 total views, 1 today