Solidarity Islamic France Recruits Program Manager in Masalani Kenya
SIF devotes its efforts to alleviate suffering of the most disadvantaged populations in the world. A friendly and humane world where the basic needs of the most disadvantaged are satisfied.
- Ensure external representation of SECOURS ISLAMIQUE France in relevant sectors
- Representation vis-à-vis technical authorities if needed in collaboration of field coordinator:
- Participate in technical and sectoral meetings to ensure visibility amongst local authorities;
- Participate in technical and sectoral meetings and pass relevant information to the program manager;
- Representation vis-à-vis international organisations:
- Participate in technical and sectoral meetings and working groups involving NGOs and UN Agencies (OCHA, PNUD, UNICEF, FAO, etc.) and all other inter-governmental institutions;
- Contribute to the creation of reports, ensuring the quality and accuracy of technical information provided as well as the confidentiality of internal information as required;
Project Cycle Management
- Plan the various stages of project implementation in collaboration with the program coordinator
- Liaise with all internal and external counterparts of the project;
- Assess and follow the activities and ensure efficient use of resources;
- Set up a clear timeline of reports to be submitted to program coordinator
- More generally, communicate systematically to the relevant program manager on project progress and planning.
- Ensure that technical quality and standards are considered during project implementation:
- Collect technical information and analyze associated opportunities and risks;
- Undertake quality control
- Analyze technical added-value and project impact;
- Set up technical evaluation exercises during and following implementation.
- Prepare and follow work plans with each project member in partnership with the program coordinator
- Ensure a positive working environment and good team dynamics (solve out potential conflicts);
- Ensure a building of capacity amongst technical staff in the relevant sectors.
- Under supervision of field coordinator and in collaboration of program coordinator Contribute to the updating of the security guidelines in the project area of intervention;
- Ensure that security procedures are respected by each member of the project team.
- Draft memos detailing lessons learned and best practices identified during the project;
- Share such memos with internal and external partners;
- University degree in Engineering or relevant WatSan specializations.
- At least 2 to 4 years work experience in a development, emergency or post-conflict setting, in WatSan interventions.
- Excellent written English skills required, French is a plus.
- Organized and detail oriented, with an ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to function effectively in a fluid, loosely structured, but complex work environment and to set appropriate priorities and deal effectively with numerous simultaneous requirements.
- Must be able to work independently, with minimum supervision, within the context of a larger team.
- Willingness to live and work in an insecure environment and to travel regularly to program locations as security allows.
- Knowledge of Ijara will be appreciated
33 total views, 1 today