Senior Technical Advisor NGO Jobs Kenya
Position:Senior Technical Advisor, Integrated Case Management- Population Services International
PSI is a leading global health organization with programs targeting malaria, child survival, HIV and reproductive health. Working in partnership within the public and private sectors, and harnessing the power of the markets, PSI provides life-saving products, clinical services and behavior change communications that empower the world’s most vulnerable populations to lead healthier lives.
PSI’s core values are a belief in markets and market mechanisms to contribute to sustained improvements in the lives of the poor; results and a strong focus on measurement; speed and efficiency with a predisposition to action and an aversion to bureaucracy; decentralization and empowering our staff at the local level; and a long term commitment to the people we serve. PSI has programs in 67 countries.
For more information, please visit http://www.psi.org
PSI seeks qualified candidates for the position of Senior Technical Advisor, Integrated Case Management. The mission of the Malaria and Child Survival (MCS) department is to provide PSI’s country programs with relevant support to improve child health. Launching and scaling up integrated case management is one of three MCS strategic focus areas for the next five years. This position is based in Nairobi, Kenya and reports to the VP of Malaria and Child Survival.
Duties include but are not limited to:
* Deliver the case management objectives of PSI’s malaria and child survival strategic plan
* Lead the case management cluster, which includes eight MCS department staff, and ensure appropriate and timely outputs are achieved
* Identify and cultivate funding and partnership opportunities to launch and expand integrated case management (i.e. management of diarrhea, pneumonia, malaria and malnutrition) programs;
* Support PSI affiliates to design projects, develop strategies and write proposals with the aim of launching and scaling up evidence based integrated case management
* Build and manage network of partners working in integrated case management of children to improve PSI’s positioning in child survival program implementation
* Coordinate technical support to PSI affiliates on case management issues
* Continuously monitor and evaluate pilot projects and facilitate replication and expansion
* Develop and disseminate evidence based case studies to demonstrate lessons learned on integrated case management
* Actively participate at international case management fora using lessons learned at field level to influence policy evolution and best practice sharing between countries
* Guide the evolution of PSI’s integrated case management strategy based on field experience and an evolving policy and funding context
* MD or relevant post-graduate degree (PhD, MPH, MSc, etc.) or equivalent experience;
* At least 5 years’ professional experience working on case management of children in developing countries
* Understanding of international child health policy and practice
* Established reputation in the field of child health
* Fundraising experience with international donors, corporations and foundations
* Fluency in English and French is preferred.
The successful candidate has excellent communication, analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills; the ability to work efficiently and independently under pressure; and a passion for achieving results.
How to apply
Please apply online at http://www.psi.org.
No calls or emails please
Closing date: 22 Apr 2011
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability.
47 total views, 1 today