Senior Accountant Job Vacancy in Kenya
Extract, reconcile and submit tax returns on monthly basis. Prepare MS schedules and book Provisions in SAP, raise C/Notes for EPD, AOD and market support.
Update fixed assets register in BAUD, ensure all new assets are labelled on time, run and book depreciation in SAP.
Reconcile GL schedules including GRIR A/c and follow-up issue resolution with stakeholders.
Roles & Responsibilities
R1. GL Schedules & Book closing (40%)
- Prepare and book provisions and accruals as may be required.
- Run recurring entries for prepaid expenses and recurring accruals per automated Timetable.
- Extract GL schedules per allocation by Accounting Manager and reconcile on a monthly basis.
- Drive resolution of issues arising from the above GL reconciliations with the stakeholders.
- Ensure GRIR a/c is maintained weekly and issues resolved on a timely basis.
- Update ATT (Automated Timetable for Book closing), upload to the online Tool and circulate to all stakeholders.
- Prepare, reconcile taxes (Vat & W/tax) and submit returns every month.
- Identify any compliance issues in the course of preparation of the returns and follow-up implementation.
- Coordinate the Vat refund process in Liaison with engaged consultants ensuring information requested is provided on time and in full.
- Coordinate any tax audits in terms of information provision and central point of contact.
- Preparation of documents for additions, deletions, transfers, depreciation, impairments and adjustments
- Reconciliation of fixed asset system account balances and related constructed asset clearing accounts to the general ledger
- Fixed asset reporting – Assets movement schedules and other reports required from time to time.
- Oversee Labelling of new assets in Line with BAUD requirements. Update BAUD register on a timely basis.
- Create and communicate new asset numbers in SAP as well as coordinate the annual fixed assets count and handle all issues to do with fixed assets management.
- Performing daily cash positioning, funds concentration and mobilization
- Maintaining LC’s and Guarantees Register
- Assisting in Cash flow forecasts data collection and preparation
- Assisting Treasury Manager in other treasury activities.
- Insurance claims processing and follow up
- Troubleshoot and resolve user queries in the expense management process.
- Goods receiving
- PO Creators
- Accounting manager – support management reporting / target process
- KRA and Auditors
- A Business Degree ( Accounting or Finance)
- CPA / ACCA Finalist
- At least Five years practical experience as an accountant in a busy commercial environment
- Practical knowledge of fully integrated accounting systems ( SAP experience is a definite advantage)
- Excellent communication and inter personal skills
- Great attention to detail and ability to handle repetitive tasks.
- Knowledge of analytical tools like Ms Excel
- Good analytical skills
Knowledge & Skills
- Business Awareness
- Accounting skills
- Analytical tools knowledge
- IFRS / FRM Knowledge
- Team player
Persons earning more than Kshs. 240,000/= need not apply.
38 total views, 1 today