Senior Accountant Job in Kenya – UONAA
To achieve this vision, the Association is looking for skilled, dynamic and talented persons to assist in the growth and development of the Association as well as establishment of World Class Alumni Centre.
2. Senior Accountant (Assistant Registrar Level)
The accountant will perform a variety of accounting operations whose duties will include the preparation and
analysis of financial statements and reports, monitoring of accounts and budget preparations.
- Analysing, preparing and maintaining financial statements, records, reports and budgets for Alumni Association to include alumni chapters in the University, counties and diasporas
- Maintaining and reconciling various types of accounts
- Handling Alumni Association membership dues, fees, private gifts/donations, account payables/receivables and sale of memorabilia from Alumni Gift Shop
- Assisting in preparation of the income tax returns and prepares annual returns for the Alumni Association
- Preparing invoices and processing bill/suppliers’ payments
- Reconciling cash advances, purchase requisitions and reimbursements
- Investigating and resolving accounting discrepancies and billing issues
- Processing travel reimbursements and account transfers
- Dealing with electronic money transfers – MPESA, VISA, Pay Pals, NationHela and credit cards
- Reviewing and approving funding for personnel forms
- Ensuring compliance with institutional, government policies, procedures and regulations
- Preparing and maintaining fiscal documents for the Alumni Association
- Performing various accounting functions for the Association and Chapters
- Communicating with other University departments/schools and various public businesses regarding accounting issues
- Any other duties allocated to the person.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field from a recognized University
- CPA (K) qualifications
- Five (5) years experience related to the above described duties
- Drive – passionate, enthusiastic and have the desire to get things done rather than task-oriented
- Motivation – looks for new challenges and can motivate others through their passion and interest in the job.
- Communication – can write and talk to people at all levels
- Confidence – has confidence without self-importance and is cooperative with others
- Leadership – demonstrates leadership by an ability to draw a team together
- Energy – demonstrates energy to go an extra mile even where there is no extra payment
- Commitment – 100 per cent committed to the assignment and is keen to detail
- Honesty and integrity – high moral standards, trustworthy, honest, integrity and cannot be compromised
- Persuasive – good negotiation skills will ability to persuade for contracts and proposal
- Personal development – committed to personal development through continuous and lifelong learning.
- Reliability – follows up on self, requires no supervision, self-driven and keeps management informed
- Talented – perfection and quality in execution of the assignments and does it with ease
- Pride – is proud to be an alumnus of the University of Nairobi and is a registered member of the Association
- Analytical Skills – weighs various options and does not jump into conclusions without analyzing shortterm and long term benefits of the solutions against possible negatives.
- Listening skills – listens and has attentiveness that complements analytical skills
- Efficiency – always careful on wastages of time, effort, resources and money
- Economy – knows the difference between expensive and cheap solutions to problems and spends money as if they were his or her own
- Procedures – understands that procedures exist for a reason and won’t by-step; follows the chain of command and does not undermine the authority.
- Profit – must understand that it’s the reason we are all working and therefore must be committed to the bottom line.
vision of becoming a leader in promoting active, visible leadership in the community and to foster interaction
between alumni and the students of the University of Nairobi and the Industry.
Applicants should forward seven (7) copies of their application letters accompanied by similar number of certified copies of certificates and C.Vs giving details of their qualifications and experience.
Quote the position applying on the envelope.
The successful candidates will be offered a competitive package on a one have an added advantage.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Executive Director, UON Alumni Association,
University of Nairobi
P.O Box 30197- 00100,
OR Drop at University Main Campus,
The Fountain of Knowledge
47 total views, 3 today