Senior Accountant at Kenya Episcopal Conference
Senior Accountant at Kenya Episcopal Conference- Catholic Secretariat in Nairobi – Kenya Jobs, Careers and Vacancies
THE KENYA EPISCOPAL CONFERENCE-
CATHOLIC SECRETARIAT WISHES TO ANNOUNCE A POST OF SENIOR ACCOUNTANT
The KEC- Catholic Secretariat is the National Administrative, facilitative and coordinative arm through which the KEC implements and co-ordinates various Pastoral programs at the National level and undertakes all those responsibilities which express the mission of the Catholic Church in Kenya. The Catholic Health Commission of Kenya, one of the technical departments of the KEC-Catholic Secretariat, implements donor funded programs in Catholic Health facilities and seeks an outstanding, dynamic and results oriented individual to fill the position of Senior Accountant.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Ensure proper financial management, reporting, and administration of health related projects and compliance with donor agreements
- Ensure compliance with donor/partner funding regulations in all Health Facilities where projects are implemented
- Review all reimbursement requests for appropriateness, and ensure that awardees are in compliance with established administrative and financial policies, procedures, and sound organization practices
- To plan, organize and implement accounting operations and objectives; coordinates and integrates all activities toward achievement of established goals and objectives
- To ensure all functions and programs under charge are performed within established budgetary parameters, to include performing cost control activities, monitoring revenues and expenditures, and ensuring sound fiscal control;
- To prepare fiscal documentation regarding accounting activities, e.g., weekly, monthly and annual reports
- Maintain and reconcile balance sheet accounts for all funds
- To plan, manage, coordinate, and implement the year end closing processes and procedures for the assigned accounting records; conducts year-end closing process; provides information to financial auditors; conducts standard internal audits of various accounting records;
- To ensure adherence to generally accepted accounting standards and principles; ensures maintenance of proper audit trails and verification and reconciliation actions for all processed work
- To evaluate receipts, expenditure forms, purchase orders, distributions, and disbursement orders for the purpose of ensuring compliance with policies
- To perform verification and reconciliation tasks for invoices/ receipts/ balances according to department checks and balances procedures
- Ensure proper set up and running of accounting systems
- Compilation and combination of financial reports
- Preparation of the audit file
- Plans and directs the activities of accounts assistants engaged in the maintenance of a variety of accounting records and controls applicable to all financial transactions of the KEC-Catholic Secretariat.
- Has a Bachelor of Commerce Degree Accounting option or its equivalent.
- 3 years experience in managing US Grants
- Has a minimum of CPA K professional qualification
- A Masters Degree an advantage
- Proficiency in MS Office
Extent of carrying out duties and responsibility in #1 above.
- Is a committed Catholic, with good recommendation from own Parish Priest
- Is a person of attested integrity, with high degree of stewardship of resources
- Is innovative and assertive
- Is able to work under little supervision
- Is able to serve people of all types of temperament.
OUR RECRUITMENT PROCEDURES SHALL BE FOLLOWED.
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE ADDRESSED TO:-
KENYA EPISCOPAL CONFERENCE-CATHOLIC SECRETARIAT
P.O BOX 13475-00800
To reach him on or before September 21st 2011
ONLY SHORT LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
47 total views, 1 today