Save the Children Area Manager Job in Mandera Kenya
The incumbent will coordinate and manage the day-to-day operations of the Area Office and the successful implementation of all Save the Children programme activities based there.
S/He will represent and advocate for Save the Children work and organizational priorities with a wide range of external parties including government representatives, communities, donor and other humanitarian agencies.
This role is aimed at providing overall supervision for both projects in the 3 Mandera Counties and s/he reports to the Operations Director.
The postholder will lead programme activities in the operational areas and ensure they are well monitored to assess their ability to fulfil the requirements of Save the Children thematic and Annual Operational Plans are delivered according to the contractual requirements of donors.
S/He will directly manage 7 staff under his/her supervision as well undertake overall management responsibility of more than 50 staff in the Area Office to ensure effective project implementation.
S/he will also support project managers and other programme staff in implementing Save the Children project management systems and guidelines.
The incumbent will oversee project M&E systems to ensure accountability to donors, communities and children and facilitate staff in the development of new project proposals with support of the Programme Design and Quality Director.
S/He will coordinate and ensure integrated Programme, Logistics, Finance and Grants and HR & Administration functions and be the primary representative of Save the Children at the Area level.
S/He will ensure the security of all staff by sensitizing and enforcing the provisions of the Area Security Guidelines and will attend all Senior Management Team meetings in Nairobi as required.
- Preferably a Masters degree in management, project management, public/ business administration, human resources management, social sciences or other related fields with a minimum of 5 years management experience of development programmes in remote locations with a leading INGO or Donor;
- International field work experience in emergency response and rehabilitation work/development work;
- Strong conceptual/analytical skills supported by training/coaching capacity;
- Program cycle design and management training and experience;
- High level of initiative coupled with diplomacy and tact, with demonstrated capacity to work independently and meet deadlines;
- Willing to work and live in difficult and demanding locations and Management of staff safety and security in an insecure context;
- Excellent written and spoken English and Swahili. Somali Language is desirable but not essential;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; excellent report writing and communication skills;
- Excellent coordination, context analysis, negotiation, sound decision making and people management skills;
- Experience of working with key donors in a multi donor setting;
- Proven experience of budget and proposal development and budget management skills;
- Ability to identify and build on opportunities and convey an organization wide perspective and work with others to achieve results;
- Experience in delivering operational services in the Horn of Africa ideally North Eastern Kenya.
If you meet the above requirements, please send your detailed CV together with a cover letter and current contacts of three referees including immediate supervisor addressed to:
Head of Human Resources,
Save the Children UK, Kenya Programme
email: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 9th March 2012.
Quote the job title on the subject line.
“Candidates from North Eastern Province are strongly encouraged to apply”
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Save the Children (UK) recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to equal employment opportunities and the protection of children from abuse.
40 total views, 1 today