Savannah Cement Kenya: Financial Accountants
Reporting to the Head of Finance, each of the Financial Accountants will be responsible for specific areas namely:
a) Accounts payables and
b) payroll and Revenue, General ledger accounting & Treasury.
a) Accounts payables and payroll
- Processing Supplier/staff payments
- Reconciliation and settlement of VAT & withholding tax payments
- Supplier account reconciliations
- GL account reconciliations
- Verification and maintaining of the Fixed assets register
- Computation of annual tax; and
- Payroll Processing
- Preparation and review of Customer master file
- Processing pricing data, discounts, rebates, credit notes, customer transactional data
- Sales accounting and Cash forecasting
- Secretary to the credit committee
- Preparation of Treasury reports and forecast
- Bank liaison and reconciliation of Bank accounts transactions
- Cash transmission-collections and payments
- Ensure adherence to treasury and revenue controls
- GL Accounting; and
- Negotiating with banks on deposits and borrowing.
These positions require:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a business related field with professional qualifications (CPA, ACCA or equivalent. A Masters degree will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a reputable commercial organization and/or professional audit firm
- Experience in audit or similar commercial environment with exposure to ensuring compliance with controls
- Good ICT knowledge, especially in an ERP environment, Good knowledge of general accountancy rules, processes and financial analysis
- Good reporting skills and proficiency in the use of presentation tools such as PowerPoint; and
- A high level of integrity, excellent conceptual, reporting, communication, team relations, analytical, planning and coordination skills.
The Head of Human Resources,
Savannah Cement (epz) Limited,
P.O. Box 27910, 00100,
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Savannah Cement is an equal opportunities employer.
45 total views, 5 today