Sameer Africa Limited Vacancy For Accounts Assistant, Kenya
The preliminary manufacturing capacity in 1971 was only 400 tyres every day. In 1985 Firestone Tyre & Rubber Company sold a considerable part of their shareholding to Sameer Investments Limited, a Kenyan business.
In 1988 when Bridgestone Corporation purchased Firestone Tyre & Rubber Business worldwide, Sameer Investments maintained its shareholding in the local clothing.
The business acquired mentioned in the Nairobi Stock Exchange in 1995, allowing various other neighborhood capitalists to buy equity in the business.
- Bachelors Degree in Commerce / Business Management / Economics or a Minimum 3 years’ General Accounting experience.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA K Part 3) Final or its equivalent
- Knowledge Requirements
- Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping terminology and practices.
- Knowledge of spreadsheets and database software.
- Knowledge of general record keeping and filing systems.
- Knowledge of basic mathematics.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide mathematical figures.
- Ability to compare data from a variety of sources for accuracy and completeness.
- Ability to detect errors.
- Ability to understand and apply current accounting guidelines, system updates and revisions and policy changes
- Ability to follow, apply, interpret, and explain instructions and/or guidelines.
- Ability to determine work priorities.
- Ability to make decisions and take appropriate actions.
- Ability to meet schedules and deadlines of the work area.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to compose routine correspondence and reports.
- Ability to type.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Knowledge of office supply requirements.
- -Ability to select and compile data for statements, expenditures, revenues, accounts, and reports.
- Ability to reconcile and/or balance financial transactions and accounts.
- Ability to assist others in solving work problems.
- Being the Accountant Assistant, you are Directly Responsible for the Accounts department via:
- Processes payments and documents such as invoices, journal vouchers, employee reimbursements, and statements.
- Calculate rates paid for purchases and all price extensions.
- Verify items billed against items ordered and received and reconcile differences through follow-up with the vendor and/or other employees.
- Enters, updates, and/or retrieves accounting data from automated systems.
- Posts financial data to appropriate accounts in an automated accounting system, according to instructions.
- Reviews on-line transactions for changes and accuracy and corrects errors.
- Retrieves system reports.
- Assigns codes to data.
- Disburses funds using manual/local warrants or petty cash and makes change according to specific instructions.
- Endorses warrants or money orders, prepares account deposit ticket, and deposits money as directed.
- Files and/or removes records and reports.
- Operates standard office equipment.
- Designs, prepares, and maintains spreadsheets using basic mathematical calculations
89 total views, 1 today