Sales Manager Job in Kenya – FMCG
Reporting: to the CEO
The company, situated in Kenya, is owned and managed by Kenyans, and currently seeks to employ a national sales manager to focus on increasing the company’s product foot print in the FMCG arena in Kenya
Scope of responsibilities includes but not limited to following:
- Providing supervision, leadership, planning and guidance of the sales assistants and commission agents and ensuring they meet their targets.
- Developing and maintaining sales growth to the company’s National key accounts
- Appointing new key accounts with view of increasing business portfolio
- Developing and implementing modern trade sales plans, policies & strategies in partnership with key accounts customers on for whole calendar year and undertaking quarterly reviews with a view of determining aimed objectives are met.
- Developing new and managing existing product channels nationally, with special focus on creating inroads into the micro economy and informal sales / marketing points.
- Setting sales targets for the sales assistants.
- Recruiting and training sales assistants and commission agents in consultation with the CEO
- Managing formal supermarkets at their respective headquarters by facilitating timely payment and order processing.
- Allocating budgeted sales to formal supermarkets and distributors for easier adoption by the respective sales assistants.
- Debts follow up and collections and order processing of orders.
- Guiding the sales force in identifying potential clients to introduce and sell the company products
- To ensure company sales policy; credit period is adhered to and collection of payment from the distributors and retail chains.
- To develop cost effective weekly sales itinerary cum route plan that minimizes wastage of resources and time but achieves maximum results to the sales team.
- To implement stock inventory levels and guide on FIFO the sales team and distributor network to ensure no expiries, no stock outs and minimizes damages.
- To manage, monitor, appraise and evaluate the performance of the sales assistants to ensure delivery of targets.
- Analyzing sales statistics, preparing reports and handling sales administrative duties like scheduling appointments and making travel plans.
- Arranging for promotional programs, in store displays, merchandising, advertising and branding activities.
- Establishing and maintaining regular contact with existing accounts within the country
- Address clients questions , feedbacks and concerns
- Continuous prospecting for business growth and development
- Participating in company marketing activities, sales and brand implementations strategy
- Participate in sales meetings
- Preparation and submission of detailed weekly and monthly reports to present to the managing director
- Any other duties not outlined which is in line with the position of a sales manager
- A bachelors degree (minimum of 10 years continuous industry experience) and or a masters degree (minimum of 5 years continuous industry experience) from a recognized university, in addition to professional marketing and sales certifications / diplomas
- Proven sales and marketing skills and experience that have been gained in a highly competitive fast track environment
- Previous work experience in a busy sales and marketing environment
- Previous work experience with various FMCG Multinationals
- Consumer goods promotions skills focused on achieving agreed sales targets,
- Excellent market research and market penetration skills.
- New business development and expanding clientele base focus.
- To plan and work strategically.
- Establish good working relationship with people at all levels.
- Work effectively without supervision
- Easily adopt to a new work place
- Manage a sales team
- Ability to adjust to new tasks.
- Work in a Flexible environment
- Innovate and willingness to learn
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
77 total views, 1 today