Safety Officer Job in Kenya – Wärtsilä
While creating better and environmentally compatible technologies, Wärtsilä focuses on the marine and energy markets with products and solutions as well as services.
Wartsila Eastern Africa Ltd wishes to recruit highly motivated and results oriented individuals to fill in the following positions Safety Officer within our vibrant team.
- As our Safety Officer and reporting to the Site Manager you will be responsible for overseeing the implementation and adaptation of all environment, health and safety policies and procedures making them relevant for use at the plant.
- You will be expected to advice the plant manager on relevant continuous improvement plans regarding environment, health and safety, in order to improve safety and safe operations at the plant.
- Additionally, you will be expected compile, and present data related to H & S as required.
- You will ensure visitor safety and compliance with rules as well as promote and ensure safety of all employees, contractors and visitors.
- Furthermore as the Safety Officer you are expected to develop a system of monitoring Lost Time Accident and develop a system of monitoring safety and environmental aspects of the plant.
- Communication internally and externally about and H& Safety procedures, process and actions will be very much part of your role.
- Finally you will be required to develop an efficient security system in the plant capable of handling all eventualities.
- To assist the client/subcontractor(s) in organizing of safety, environmental protection, and occupational health issues at site and to determine and act according to any Wärtsilä, client, and/or local regulations.
- To prepare site safety, environmental, and occupational health plans according to the local regulations and Wärtsilä directives and to introduce the plans to all parties at site.
- To investigate any possible accidents and write reports on their findings
- To maintain contacts with the local safety, environmental and health authorities and act as liaison with these authorities.
- To co-ordinate safety, environmental and occupational health meetings and reporting procedures as agreed with the client and/or the subcontractors.
- To highlight the economical safety, environmental and health arrangements for the client and subcontractor(s)
- To supervise the compliance of safety and health directives as well environmental incident prevention at site at all times
- To ensure and promote site safety, environmental protection and occupational health at all times and to give feedback to home office and designers.
- To create and maintain good human relations at site
- To highlight the environmental protection, make sure that oil, paints and chemicals and, etc. are properly stored, transported and handled to avoid any spillage or danger to personnel and property.
- Site personnel are responsible for the following:
- that contractual obligations (with agreed quality, on schedule, at agreed cost, etc.) are fulfilled
- that environmental and safety instructions are followed
- that Wärtsilä installation instructions are followed
- that the power plant is commissioned and handed over to the client
- create and maintain good team spirit
- each and everyone delivers his time sheet once a month according to the instructions
If you possess the above qualifications and the drive to meet exciting challenges, Please send your CV and remuneration details to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject matter of the email.
Applications should be received by 8th August 2012.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
39 total views, 2 today