Resettlement Support Center: HR Manager Job
(International Hire Grade 8)
The Resettlement Support Center (RSC) Africa operates a US refugee resettlement program in sub-Saharan Africa through a Cooperative Agreement with the Department of State/Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration.
RSC Africa seeks qualified applicants for the Human Resources Manager position.
The Human Resource Manager will have primary responsibility for developing, coordinating, and implementing personnel policies and procedures for Church World Service/Resettlement Support Center (CWS/RSC) Africa, including training, evaluation, and staff care.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Policy and Management
- Plan, coordinate and direct the Human Resources work and personnel administration for the RSC Africa office.
- Ensure that HR policies and practices are in compliance with U.S. and Kenyan Labor Laws, Occupational Health and Safety Act standards, Workman’s Injury Benefit Act requirements, and CWS human resource policies. Update and/or develop new policies as needed.
- Work with CWS headquarters and to RSC Africa supervisors to develop best practices in human resource management and to ensure implementation in a fair, consistent and transparent manner.
- Review and update the National Staff Handbook and all other human resource policies as appropriate.
- Provide supervision, support and guidance to the RSC Africa human resources staff.
- Develop a recruitment strategy for staff; coordinate interview and hiring processes; and ensure that newly hired staff members complete all necessary HR paperwork.
- Manage time and attendance monitoring and oversee the use of HR software.
- Conduct research and provide recommendations to RSC senior management on HR policy practices.
- Develop the HR budget and monitor spending to ensure budget compliance.
- Oversee the management of the employee benefits program.
- Develop and implement the RSC Africa staff performance evaluation process, including developing the capacity of supervisory staff to implement effective performance monitoring.
- Assess staff training needs, develop annual training plans and conduct staff training activities.
- Develop and collate training materials and make these accessible to RSC staff members, including through use of information technology.
- In coordination with the RSC Africa Staff Security Coordinator and supervisors, ensure that RSC Africa staff members receive relevant safety and security training.
- Oversee new staff member welcome and orientation.
- Ensure that staff understand and have access to benefits under their health insurance plans.
- Identify smart practices on staff care within the international NGO community, and integrate into RSC Africa’s approach.
- Ensure that the HR unit is accessible and responsive to staff inquiries.
- Ensure a harassment-free work environment, including through the fair and transparent application of RSC Africa sexual harassment policies.
- Assist in the administration of employee recognition programs and help plan staff events.
- This position is open to International applicants only
- Undergraduate degree required, with a strong preference for business, human resources management, or a related field.
- Three to five years’ experience in general human resource management. Previous work experience with an overseas NGO an advantage.
- Thorough knowledge and comprehensive understanding of U.S. and Kenyan Labor Law and retirement benefits rules and regulations preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with staff training and development.
- Demonstrated knowledge of performance management systems and performance evaluation.
- Proven ability to maintain high performance standards with constant attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills with an ability to communicate detailed and/or technical information clearly, in writing and orally.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Computer literacy, with a strong emphasis on Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- Proven ability to manage confidential information.
- Ability to conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner to represent the best interests of CWS/RSC Nairobi and CWS/IRP. Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
P. O. Box 14176-00800
On the subject line, please indicate the reference code of the position, followed by your surname.
38 total views, 1 today