Research Assistants Job Vacancies in Kenya
The Commission seeks to recruit qualified and competent candidates for the above positions.
Successful applicants will report to the Director of Research and will be involved in programmed research, basic policy analysis and statistical/data collection assignments.
- Data Analysis;
- Assist in reporting and monitoring the contemporary issues on the developments in county and national government resources and revenue generation, and core functions of the Commission;
- Compiling data on the fiscal devolution function of the Commission;
- Assist in the research of the fiscal development strategies within the developed economies;
- Compile data on developments in the devolution processes;
- Provide technical assistance to members of the Commission and Directors along adopted CRA thematic areas.
- Assist in collection and collation of data.
- A good bachelor’s degree in either Economics, Finance, Statistics or in any Physical, Biological and Environmental Science from a recognized University.
- Masters qualification will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of how to conduct desk, laboratory or field research
- Ability to conduct statistical analysis and interpret experimental data
- Excellent computer skills in spreadsheets and word processing
- Knowledge of a statistical application package will be an added advantage.
- He/she must be a person of integrity and demonstrate excellent communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to work well with others in a busy work environment.
- Ability to work under pressure/deadlines
Terms and Conditions of Service
Successful applicants for the position will be offered a one year renewable contract with competitive remuneration package depending on performance.
If you are aged between 24-32 years please send two (2) copies of your application, a detailed current curriculum vitae indicating current remuneration, e-mail and telephone contacts, together with copies of certificates and testimonials.
You should also give the names of three referees who must be familiar with your previous work/academic experience indicating their telephone, postal and email addresses.
Application should be addressed to the Commission Secretary, CRA and be sent by post or hand delivered to the Commission offices at 2nd floor, Kenyatta International Conference Centre (KICC) by latest Friday, November 4, 2011 as follows:
Commission on Revenue Allocation
KICC 2nd Floor
P.O. Box 1310 – 00200
The CRA is an equal opportunity, gender sensitive and compliant employer.
44 total views, 1 today