Department: Regional Coordination
Position: Africa Regional Auditor
Contract duration: 1 year renewable
Location: Based in Nairobi, Kenya with frequent travels to African countries of Intervention
Starting Date ASAP
I. Background on ACTED
ACTED is an independent international, private, non-partisan and non-profit organization that operates according to principles of strict neutrality, political and religious impartiality, and non discrimination.
ACTED was created in 1993 to support populations affected by the conflict in Afghanistan. Based in Paris, France, ACTED now operates in 30 countries worldwide, with over 200 international and 4000 national staff.
ACTED has a 100 million € budget for over 350 projects spanning 8 sectors of intervention; including emergency relief, food security, health promotion, economic development, education & training, microfinance, local governance & institutional support, and cultural promotion. For more information, please visit our website at www.acted.org
II. Country Profile
The Internal Audit department is composed by the Audit Director, regional auditors (Asia, Middle East and Africa) and local auditors.
Regional Support Office: The Africa Regional Support Office, based in Nairobi, has been created end of 2011. The overall aim of this office is to improve the quality of ACTED’s programming and interventions and to integrate a regional focus into ACTED’s global strategy by:
· Supporting coordination through streamlining reporting and strengthening links between ACTED countries in the region
· Improving the qualitative processes implemented by HQ to strengthen ACTED’s global policy and advocacy position
· Improving communication and flow of information both internally and externally
The Regional Office supports directly: Chad, Ivory Coast, Niger, Uganda, Sudan, South Sudan, Kenya, Congo Brazzaville, Democratic Republic of Congo, Central Africa Republic, Etc.
III. Position Profile
The Africa Regional Auditor will work under the functional supervision of the HQ Audit Director and while reporting hierarchically to the Regional Director. He/She will be independent from all other ACTED departments/cycles.
He/She will share tasks between Kenya times and Regional times.
His/Her main duties and responsibilities in Kenya and in the Region will include:
· Ensure compliance of ACTED’s standard procedures for all management cycles ;
· Ensure transparency and financial accountability of ACTED in Kenya and African Countries ;
· Reinforce current procedures and the quality of ACTED internal control, based on international best practices, donors’ requirements and results of internal & external audits.
· Follow-up the implementation of the Audit Action Plan jointly with the Regional Coordinator and the HQ Audit Director through the country directors’ monthly management reports and also during the subsequent Internal Audit Missions.
· Comply and ensure compliance to the Audit code of conduct
Management of the National/Regional Audit Function
· Draft and implement the approved Annual Regional Audit Plan
· Define the scope and the objectives before conducting any country audit mission(s)
· Manage the National/Regional Audit Team and organize country audit missions to be conducted in link with the Audit Director, the Regional Director and according to the Audit Plan ;
· Ensure adequate preparation for external audits and provide support for external audits when required in the mission countries;
Focal Point for ACTED Policies & Processes in the Region
· Ensure the Regional Audit Team’s accessibility to all ACTED staff in the region through available communication media in order to provide information and interpretations of ACTED’s & Donors’ Processes and Procedures
· Lead the regional audit team in providing practical training on issues related to ACTED policies and procedures.
Support to external audit from donors
· Analysis of the external Audit ToR in collaboration with the CFM/HQ
· Checking and classification of the pieces links to the external audit ToR
· Follow-up of the external audit in collaboration with the CFM
· Analysis and reception of the external audit report
· Redaction of replies to the external audit commentaries in collaboration with the CFM/HQ
· Redaction of a post audit memo with recommendations
· Follow-up of the work plan recommendations
· Regularly (quarterly) assess and compile data on the potential and existing risk exposure on ACTED activities on a country by country basis and report the findings to the Regional Director and HQ Audit Director.
· Suggest measures for mitigating such risks for consideration by the senior management Reporting
· On concluding the Audit Mission present written reports including findings, analyses, recommendations and propose an action plan during the debriefing session with the country coordinator in the presence of the Regional Coordinator;
· Consolidate information from all country compliance officers’ FLAT reports and from the regional audit team and summarize it in a monthly audit report to be submitted to the Regional Director, Audit Director and to all Departmental Directors. The report will be accompanied by defined annexures. Through the work performed promote the reputation of ACTED as a transparent and accountable organization in the region.
· Master degree in administration/finances/accounting
· Proficiency in written and spoken English and french
· Management and Audit experience
· Report writing skills
· Experience in overseas position
· Experience with humanitarian and development program
· Demonstrated experience in staff management and training
· Ability to work in a difficult context
· Salary defined by the ACTED salary grid; educational level, expertise, hardship, security, and performance are considered for pay bonus
· Additional monthly living allowance
· Free food and lodging provided at the organisation’s guesthouse/or housing allowance (depending on contract length and country of assignment)
· Transportation costs covered, including additional return ticket + luggage allowance
· Provision of medical, life, and repatriation insurance + retirement package
How to apply:
VI. Submission of applications:
Please send, in English, your cover letter, CV, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org Ref : AUD/AF/SA
ACTED Att: Human Resources Department 33, rue Godot de Mauroy 75009 Paris FRANCE
Fax. + 33 (0) 1 42 65 33 46
Closing date: 23 Jul 2012
33 total views, 1 today