Receptionist Job Vacancy in Kenya
The African Virtual University (AVU) is a Pan African Intergovernmental Organization established by charter with the mandate of significantly increasing access to quality higher education and training through the innovative use of information communication technologies.
Scope of Work & Deliverables:
- Answer telephone calls and transfer them to the appropriate staff member.
- Receive and welcome clients and visitors in the organization.
- Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mailing, and filing.
- Collect, Sign for and distribute mail packages.
- Organize and coordinate office cleaning.
- Setup and coordinate meetings and conferences.
- Support staff in assigned project based work.
- Maintain an adequate inventory of office consumables (Cleaning and Kitchen Supplies)
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be a mature, respectful and honest person of high integrity that is able to work in a team and make meaningful contributions to the team objective.
- Good communication and sound report-writing skills will be an added advantage.
- Should be quick in understanding, keen in taking instructions, and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Should be willing, ready and able to perform other duties as delegated to him/her by the immediate supervisor
- The successful applicant must possess at least a C Plain in O’ Level
- Possess a business diploma or qualified in secretarial duties and be proficient in computer packages.
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and telephone protocol.
- Have excellent communications skills, excellent interpersonal skills and able to work under pressure with minimum supervision.
- The applicant must have 4 years of work experience.
- Knowledge of French is an added advantage.
- Possession of a Business degree will be an added advantage
47 total views, 1 today