African Population And Health Research Center
Receptionist / Administrative Assistant
The Center seeks to recruit a Receptionist / Administrative Assistant.
The successful candidate must have good interpersonal skills, be self motivated, flexible and a team player.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing receptionist and administrative duties to the office as well as disseminating information to staff.
Duties and responsibilities:
· Reception and interface with visitors at the office
· Making travel arrangements
· Procurement of office supplies
· Basic accounting duties including maintenance of office petty cash
· Basic secretarial duties e.g typing VAT exemption forms, taking minutes during staff meetings
· Monthly generation of telephone bills for staff
Qualifications, knowledge, skills and experience:
· At least a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field.
· Good Computer skills & Knowledge of MS Office Programs and at least one desktop publishing package
· At least 3 years of similar experience in a busy office, preferably an international NGO
· Strong interpersonal, organizational and communications skills
· Ability to assess priorities and manage competing demands with minimum supervision.
· Dependable, responsible, reliable and attentive to detail
· Knowledge of French and experience in handling finances is desirable and will be an added advantage
If you possess the above qualifications and experience, please apply enclosing a detailed CV, quoting current and expected salary and providing contact details of three referees to
or to the address below by 14th March 2012.
The Human Resources Officer
African Population and Health Research Center
APHRC Campus, 2nd Floor
Manga Close, off Kirawa Road
P.O. Box 10787-00100 GPO