is the only Middle Eastern airline to hold a coveted 5-Star rating from Skytrax and is one of the fastest growing carriers in the world today.
Qatar Airways continues to grow at an impressive rate and is looking for stars to join our world-class workforce of more than 15,000 employees from more than 100 different nations.
Qatar Airways is opening an office in Mombasa – Kenya and invites applications for the following positions:
We are looking for enthusiastic, motivated, dynamic persons who are result oriented with excellent negotiating, communication and influencing skills. The successful candidate will be responsible for generating passenger revenues in the assigned area to surpass allocated targets, protect existing business and constantly exploit new opportunities while creating awareness of Qatar Airway’s product and services.
Applicants must have a relevant degree in Business Administration or Marketing with at least 2-3 years of work experience in the airline and trade industry. A basic understanding of IATA standard reservation and ticketing procedures is required. They should be PC literate with knowledge of Word, Excel and Power Point. Fluency in English (both spoken and written) is essential.
· The successful candidate will plan, supervise and support the Reservations staff in order to achieve optimal customer satisfaction.
· He/She will encourage teamwork, consistency of service and proper coordination.
· Excellent knowledge in airline CRS/GDS and reservations/ticketing procedures with flair in customer service, strong inter-personal ability, well-developed management skills and dexterity in teaching or coaching are required.
· Strong exposure to AMADEUS, high proficiency in PC-based applications, and good communication skills in spoken/ written English language are essential.
· Applicants must have a minimum of 5 years supervisory work experience in telephone sales, reservations/ ticketing within the airline/travel industry and sound knowledge of IATA standard reservations & ticketing procedures.
· Fluency in English (both oral and written) is required.
· The selected candidates will provide professional service-oriented reservations/ticketing services to all customers and travel businesses: either through telephone calls or in-person meetings while achieving optimal customer satisfaction.
· Applicants must have a minimum of 3 years of telesales work experience in an airline or travel industry with sound knowledge in IATA standard reservation/ticketing procedures.
· A sound understanding of Mathematics/World Geography and exposure to AMADEUS system are added advantage. Good interpersonal and communication skills in spoken/ written English language and adequate knowledge of PC-based applications are essential requirements of the job.
Airport Services Manager
· The successful candidate will ensure that Airport Operations in all areas run smoothly while conforming to safety and security requirements.
· He/She will ensure customers are provided with the Qatar Airways 5 Star service promise.
· Applicant must be a customer advocates, maintaining a high level of customer service delivery by all station personnel in conjunction with various vendors to meet departmental and corporate goals and objectives.
· Other responsibilities include regulating changes in operational conditions and proactively solving problems, ensuring efficiency of check-in and gate operations, develop all functions of station activity within budget constraints with a strong emphasis on customer service /safety.
· Additional responsibility includes developing and mentoring employees to their fullest potential.
· Applicant must possess a minimum of 7 -10 years airline or ground handling experience, of which 5 years are in an operational management position with a reputed aviation company.
· The position requires physical involvement in the operation and therefore a strong operational background including excellent interpersonal skills are required.
· Fluency in English is required (both oral and written).
Airport Services Supervisor
· The selected candidate will be responsible for the overall control of the shift as a direct representative of Airport Services Manager.
· They will also monitor and coordinate activities of various sections at the airport as well as ensure punctuality and safety of all Qatar Airways operations.
· The candidates will ensure consistent delivery of high levels of service.
· Applicants must be graduates with a minimum of 5 years airline work experience, with at least 2 years in a supervisory position in ground services.
· Experience in airport handling including ramp handling, load sheets, weight balance, AMADEUS systems is mandatory.
· Excellent interpersonal skills in passenger service and customer relations, oral and written communication skills in English are essential requirements for this job.
· Proficiency in computer applications is also required.
Airport Services Agents
· Successful candidates will provide service excellence to customers at the airport terminal and help create a stress free environment.
· The candidates will ensure consistent delivery of high levels of service, whilst adhering to the safety policy and security standards.
· Applicants must have a minimum of 3 years airline work experience in customer services or passenger handling at the check-in counters, arrivals and departure area.
· A strong knowledge and working experience of DCS with proficiency in computer applications are essential requirements of the job.
· Applicants must have a pleasing personality with excellent communications skills in spoken/ written English, good interpersonal skills and willing to work in shifts.
· To support in Verification and accounting of invoices, payments, sales, refunds, deposits and claims in line with QR policies and IAPs.
· Preparation and accounting of journal vouchers as per IAP
· Applicants must be Commerce Graduate from reputed university with total accounting experience of 2 years with preferably 1 year in airlines, User level experience in any ERP, good working experience on spreadsheets, good in either expenditure or revenue accounting
Interested candidates can send their application to:
Deadline 27th April, 2012
Please mention the Position and Ref. No. as the Subject.
Regretfully, due to the volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
245 total views, 5 today