Project Managers Careers in Kenya: Massive
About Bridge International Academies
Bridge International Academies is a for-profit startup company revolutionizing education across Africa with a unique business model. The company runs a large-scale network of low-cost primary schools in Kenya that significantly outperforms other primary schools in the same areas because of our “school in a box” systems.
Our schools profitably deliver this high-quality education for less than $4 per child per month, which enable the schools to cover all their costs and create a profitable central organization at scale. We have launched 37 schools in Kenya, we will double in size in the next 6 months, and plan to rapidly scale the company to serve more than 1 million students across the continent.
About the Position
The Project Manager is responsible for planning, executing and evaluating projects within the department. At times the Project Manager will contribute to setting timelines and budgets for said projects, at other times the Project Manager will work according to predetermined timelines and budgets.
Building and managing project teams and ensuring quality control throughout project life cycles are central to this position. This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated professional with experience as a project manager, who is able to move quickly, change focus often while still paying attention to detail.
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities.
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
- Reviews deliverables prepared by team before passing to supervisor.
- Effectively applies our methodology and enforces project standards.
- Minimizes exposure and risk on project.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the project to ensure the project is delivered according to plan;
- Manage the project taking into account integration across all areas.
- Engage with stakeholders.
- Develop Project Plan.
- Direct project resources.
- Monitor and manage the project schedule and project risk.
- Report to the steering committee, raising strategic issues.
- Prepare Project Status Reports and Project Change Requests for the steering committee.
- Negotiate and resolve issues as they arise across areas of the project and where they impact on other activities, systems and projects.
- Look after the interests of the project team.
- Communicate project status to all team members, and other relevant departments and involved parties.
- Maintain project documentation.
- Conduct project meetings, bi-weekly or monthly as needed.
- Supervise projects to successful completion / implementation
- Establish work plan and staffing for each phase of project
- Adaptability to work on several projects with quick time lines
- Support work intake and prioritize projects
- Bachelor Degree in Business studies/ Social Sciences or other related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing projects through all phases of the Project Life Cycle
- Experience in managing complex projects
- Ability to relate technical skills to sound business processes
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation, and interpersonal communications skills
- Demonstrate ability to work with and support cross-functional project teams
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and focus on task completion
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting
- Strong computer skills, proficient with MS office applications
- Highly skilled in Project Management software
- Self-motivated and result driven
- Ability to work under pressure and thrive in challenge
You can apply and view detailed job requisitions on the Careers page at
43 total views, 1 today