Project Engineers Careers
Our client is passionate about service value-addition to its clients, focused on delivering high quality, innovative infrastructure solutions and committed to DOING BUSINESS GOD’S WAY.
Job Summary of the Project Engineer:
Reporting to the Project Manager, the incumbent shall oversee project execution efforts to ensure they are completed satisfactorily, on time and within budget.
The incumbent will be required to travel extensively within East Africa.
The key role responsibilities for this position includes:-
- Responsible for the coordinating and supervising the construction/project process from the concept development point through to the final construction stage.
- Responsible for preparation and monitoring of monthly budgets, financial appraisals and weekly cash flow for each assigned project.
- Tracking of assigned projects to ensure programme targets are met, planning and implementing remedial measures in case of programme slippage.
- Responsible for the preparation and submission project progress and project cost tracking reports to management
- Handling Bill of Quantities and the tendering procedures
- Carry out all relevant quality tests as per quality specifications. Monitoring quality control of the assigned projects
- Evaluation of project performance against the works program.
- Ensure that all projects are completed within the scope, time and without any budget overrun
- Ensuring that all the necessary statutory permits and licenses are obtained.
- Effective Mobilization and Demobilization of the construction sites
- Ensuring that site operations comply with health and safety requirements
- Top notch Project management of several large projects simultaneously with the ability to plan, manage people and organize a team effort.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent client management and relationship building ability.
- Motivate, lead and boost morale of the construction teams.
- Effective time management and logical decision-making ability.
- Capacity to handle pressure.
- Able to travel extensively across the construction sites.
- Is Rigorous, physically and mentally fit to handle competing demands
- Deliver under pressure and under minimum supervision
- Strong focus on quality.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or any related field.
- Post graduate diploma in project management (PMP) from recognized institutions is a must.
- A Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience having handled large building & civil engineering projects end-to-end. 5 years’ of which he/she was in a supervisory role.
- Not less than 32 years of age
- Proven experience in building & civil works and water engineering industry
- Possess registration or is in the process of getting Registered with the Engineers Registration Board of Kenya and membership with IEK shall be an added advantage
Compensation: An attractive package is offered dependent on skills, experience and qualifications.
How to apply:
If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Please forward a copy of your updated resume, and your current salary and benefits package to email@example.com close of business 30th September 2011.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
49 total views, 1 today